Four earthquakes hit India and Nepal, no casualties
Google Maps/Business Insider India
- The first earthquake to hit was in the Indian state of
Arunachal Pradeshat 1:00am.
- Following which three more earthquakes were felt in Nepal.
- The US Geological Survey predicts ‘low likelihood’ of damages and fatalities.
The first 4.8 tremor was felt at 6:14am in Kathmandu, followed by two tremors in Naubise in Dhading at 6:29am and 6:40am.
The intensity of the earthquake in India, however, is disputed. The
Regardless of the numbers, USGS predicts that there is ‘low likelihood’ of resultant casualties and damages from the quake.
Xinhua — China's official state news agency — reported that the earthquake in India was also felt in Tibet, one of India’s neighbours. Myanmar and Bhutan, two other countries that share a border with Arunachal Pradesh, have reported any such activity.
The 15 most earthquake-prone countries in the world, according to science
6.0 magnitude earthquake hits India’s Nicobar Islands, no tsunami risk reported
Popular on BI
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Rupee slumps 76 paise to close at 82.61 against US dollar
- Nobody should go to sleep empty stomach, govt's duty to ensure foodgrains reach the last man, says India's apex court