Four earthquakes hit India and Nepal, no casualties
Google Maps/Business Insider India
- The first earthquake to hit was in the Indian state of
Arunachal Pradeshat 1:00am.
- Following which three more earthquakes were felt in Nepal.
- The US Geological Survey predicts ‘low likelihood’ of damages and fatalities.
The first 4.8 tremor was felt at 6:14am in Kathmandu, followed by two tremors in Naubise in Dhading at 6:29am and 6:40am.
The intensity of the earthquake in India, however, is disputed. The
Regardless of the numbers, USGS predicts that there is ‘low likelihood’ of resultant casualties and damages from the quake.
Xinhua — China's official state news agency — reported that the earthquake in India was also felt in Tibet, one of India’s neighbours. Myanmar and Bhutan, two other countries that share a border with Arunachal Pradesh, have reported any such activity.
AdvertisementThe 15 most earthquake-prone countries in the world, according to science
6.0 magnitude earthquake hits India’s Nicobar Islands, no tsunami risk reported
- Here is what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto and other automakers in February auto sales
- Google pledges $5 million to address disparities in COVID-19 vaccinations
- Maruti Suzuki completes two million vehicle exports since 1986-87
- New tool spots to identify security and privacy issues with COVID-19 tracing apps
- Countdown begins for PSLV rocket's one of longest missions