B-school students get summer placements — but for technology job profiles
- Consulting firms and e-commerce companies have been the most promising employers this year across India’s top B-schools.
- This year, companies are hiring management interns with engineering background — especially in the computer science and electronics domain.
- A study by talent solutions company Xpheno predicted that companies are expected to hire almost a third of management students for tech profiles.
- Nearly 68 management students got IT and Analytics profiles at IIM Bangalore from companies like Ola, Oyo Rooms and United Health Group among others.
This year they are also looking for more diverse candidates. Companies are hiring management interns with engineering background — especially in the computer science and electronics domain.
A study by talent solutions company Xpheno predicted that companies are expected to hire almost a third of management students for tech profiles.
Global multinationals like American Express, Microsoft and Amazon are hiring interns in the field of data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning and Internet of Things (IoT).
“Demand for managers with technology and innovation skills has been on the rise,” Madhu Vij, placement head at Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi told ET, adding that the demand for qualitative and quantitative proficiency has increased.
India’s top B-school campuses — Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow — scored maximum offers for tech profiles. IIM Calcutta scored over twice the tech jobs, as compared to last year — at 62.
On the other hand, 68 management students were hired for IT and analytics profiles at IIM Bangalore from companies like Ola, Oyo Rooms and United Health Group among others.
Consulting firms dominate at IIMs
Consulting firms — KPMG,
IIM Bangalore too received 126 offers from consulting firms including Bain & Company, BCG and Mckinsey. IIM Kozhikode got 13% more offers from consulting majors like PwC and Deloitte.
IIMs aside, other b-schools like
Overall, it has been a good year for India’s B-school pass outs. On domestic job roles, the highest offer extended was at ₹2.7 lakh.
Almost half the companies in India offering internships eventually hire the same candidates
India’s top b-school graduates are being paid over ₹2 lakh for summer internships
AdvertisementEngineering students can now intern with IAS officers
Popular on BI
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA