Coursera has a free CME-eligible course that gives students an overview of COVID-19 in just 3 hours
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Osmosis, a medical
educationsite, and the IPMA created a free Courseracourse that gives students an overview of COVID-19.
- "COVID-19: What You Need to Know" combines current information issued by the CDC, WHO, and other leading agencies, while also exploring topics like personal protective equipment, diagnostics, and more.
- The course is eligible for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit for healthcare professionals.
- It's taught by Osmosis' Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rishi Desai, a pediatric infectious disease physician with a public health background, and Mary Ales, the executive director of the Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association (IPMA).
Osmosis, a popular online medical education site founded by two former Johns Hopkins medical school students, is offering a free online course on COVID-19, led by its Chief Medical Officer, on Coursera.
"COVID-19: What You Need to Know" is available for free. It's regularly updated with the most current information issued by the CDC, WHO, and other leading agencies and covers topics like personal protective equipment, diagnostics, and more. Healthcare professionals can earn CME credit for taking it.
The course is led by Rishi Desai, MD, MPH, a pediatric infectious disease physician with a public health background, and Mary Ales, the executive director of Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association (IPMA) for the last 17 years.
As part of the class, students will learn to recognize the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of COVID-19, as well as how it spread around the world and how to apply the public health measures needed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Although probably better suited to healthcare professionals, the average person can take the course to understand how to help mitigate the spread of the novel
The course breaks down into five videos (about 45 minutes total), 13 readings, and seven quizzes. It should only take students three hours to complete. Subtitles are available in English, Italian, and Spanish.
- Best weighing machine under ₹500
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Germany Visa
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- Bank Loan
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World