Delhi government plans to open India’s first sports school and university
- National capital Delhi will have ‘India’s first’
sports schooland university.
- The sports university will offer undergraduate, post graduate and doctorate courses in cricket and hockey.
- A CBSE affiliated school focussed in sports will also be created.
- The degree focussed in sports will also make the players eligible for government jobs including civil services.
The sports university will offer undergraduate, post graduate and doctorate courses in cricket, hockey and others. On the same lines, a CBSE affiliated school focussed in sports will also be created.
It will include six university schools undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research.
“Earlier, a sportsperson used to be uncertain about his future, just for the fact that if he is not able to establish a career in sports, he will just be called a school pass out. He would not get a job because every job requires at least a graduation degree to get through,”
The degree focussed in sports will also make the players eligible for government jobs including civil services.
The process of the development of curriculum and subjects is underway. “Now, the curriculum has to be fixed. Experts will be roped in,” said Kejriwal without announcing a timeline.
“It is a matter of disappointment that many students who have played sports at the national-level are nowhere on the same platform as students who can give their IAS examinations because they have a graduation degree. The share of jobs under sports quota is also limited. We are hoping to eradicate that uncertainty from the minds of sportspersons,” said Deputy Chief Minister
The proposed state university was approved by the cabinet under the ‘
Delhi will get a new education board which will blend entrance exam prep with school syllabus
AdvertisementA Bill to do away with UGC and AICTE will be tabled in the Parliament in October
India's youngest woman cricketer had to dress as a boy for training
Popular on BI
- RIL to start churning free cash flows as operating income rises, says JP Morgan
- Indian equity market enters coveted USD 4-trillion market cap club for first time
- Lesser known facts about Charlie Munger, Warren Buffet’s second and accomplice
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Flair Writing IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more