Elon Musk makes good on promise to create T-shirts backing his idea to nuke Mars
- Elon Musk has created two T-shirts supporting his idea to drop nuclear bombs on Mars.
- Musk dusted off his theory on nuking Mars on Friday, which he hopes will make the surface of the red planet habitable for humans.
- The science of nuking Mars isn't watertight, however.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Elon Musk has made good on his promise to create T-shirts supporting his idea to drop nuclear bombs on Mars.The billionaire tech executive on Saturday tweeted an image of the T-shirts, which contain the slogan "NUKE MARS," and linked off to the SpaceX shop, where they are already being sold.Advertisement
"Nuking Mars one T-shirt at a time," Musk tweeted. Earlier, Musk tweeted an account posing as the red planet:
The T-shirts represent Musk doubling down on a theory he first posited in 2015. He wants to fire nuclear weapons at Mars' poles with the aim of terraforming it - that is, making the surface habitable for humans.The goal would be to vaporize the water currently trapped in ice at Mars' poles, releasing CO2 into the atmosphere and therefore engineering a greenhouse effect on the planet.
explored the possibility of using CO2 to terraform Mars, and concluded it wouldn't be possible with today's technology.
Trust me, it will be- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 16, 2019
- Virat Kohli questioned for 'conflict of interest' because of his business ventures
- Adopt Cloud fast to beat pandemic blues: Indian tech honchos
- Assam Rifles personnel, NDRF staffers among 22 new COVID-19 cases in Mizoram
- TMC orders audit of COVID-19 treatment charges of hospitals
- Musk refutes reports about his links with Epstein ex-girlfriend