Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Much-anticipated sequels to The Orphan, Avatar, Black Panther and Puss in Boots are expected to hit the theaters over the next 6-7 months.
- Overall, 21 Hollywood movies are expected to be released in India until March 2023.
- These movies will release amidst anticipation that the number of moviegoers may dip in August-September.
AdvertisementThe Indian film industry is not the only one that has lined up some of the biggest releases this year. After the success of Hollywood movies like Thor: Love and Thunder and Minions: The Rise of Gru, about 21 English movies are expected to hit the Indian screens in the next 6-7 months.
The list also includes much-anticipated sequels to The Orphan, Avatar, Black Panther and Puss in Boots, besides ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’ and ‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’.
Here is the complete list of English movies that are expected to be released in 2022 and the first quarter of 2023.
Source: BookMyShow, Media reports
|Movies||Release date in India|
|Orphan: First Kill||August 19, 2022|
|Nope||August 19, 2022|
|Where The Crawdads Sing||August 19, 2022|
|Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero||August 26, 2022|
|The Invitation||August 26, 2022|
|Three Thousand Years of Longing||August 26, 2022|
|Beast||September 2, 2022|
|The Woman King||September 16, 2022|
|Mrs Harris Goes To Paris||September 23, 2022|
|Don’t Worry Darling||September 30, 2022|
|Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile||October 7, 2022|
|Black Adam||October 21, 2022|
|Prey For The Devil||October 28, 2022|
|Blade||November 3, 2022|
|Black Panther: Wakanda Forever||November 11 ,2022|
|Avatar 2||December 16 ,2022|
|Shazam! Fury of the Gods||December 21 ,2022|
|Puss in Boots: The Last Wish||December 21, 2022|
|Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania||February 17, 2023|
|Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom||March 17 ,2023|
|John Wick Chapter 4||March 24, 2023|
Bollywood has also lined up big releases for 2022, after all it is the first time in two years that the audience isn’t too worried about going to the movies because of Covid-19.
The pent up demand and the lineup of good content did show its results in the April-June quarter, with PVR and INOX reporting their highest ever quarterly revenue and profit. However, there is a chance that the Indian film industry may not be able to keep up with the momentum in the ongoing September quarter.
According to a survey by Local Circles, based on responses from 11,000 people, only one in five respondents (22%) are planning to watch a movie in the cinema hall or multiplex in the next 60 days. Two in five (41%) had made such plans in March, indicating that the footfall in theaters may dip by half.
Both Hollywood and Bollywood are betting on audiences returning to cinemas in huge numbers. It remains to be seen how this will play out in the days and months to come.
Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
Indian moviegoers might stay home this August in spite of big releases, says survey
Web3 is at an inflection point where online assets will start staying online: Survey
Popular on BI
- Countdown to Flipkart's 10th Big Billion Days: A tribute to entrepreneurs, featuring Mohammed Imran and Limraz Furniture
- Karnataka bandh: 44 flights cancelled, five activists arrested for trying to stage protest inside Bengaluru airport
- PE and VC investors make a killing in the 2023 bull market
- JSW Infra IPO allotment – how to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Abu Dhabi's IHC exits Adani Green Energy and Adani Transmission