How to check Pradhan antri jan dhan yojana account balance
An individual can open an account under the PMJDY scheme with any one of the banks in the country or with a Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet. People can open a zero balance account under this scheme and must maintain a particular minimum balance if they want to get a cheque book. The account holders are given RuPay debit cards under this scheme which they can use across any ATM in the country for withdrawal of cash. Here is how you can check your
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has innovated the *99# service for the banking customers in India. This service can be used for mobile banking by anyone who has a bank account with any bank. The minimum requirement is that the individual must have a mobile phone – smart phone or even a basic phone. The handset must be GSM enabled. Users of CDMA handsets cannot use this facility.
AdvertisementAbout *99# service
*99# is a mobile banking service. Based on USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data). Through *99# service, the NPCI has brought together the telecom service providers and banks to provide a range of services to the banking customers in India. to gain access to financial and non-financial services, the individuals need to have mobile banking activated on his or her account and use the registered phone number to dial the code *99# and then follow the simple steps to access the range of services allowed on their account.
Balance check using *99# service
To check the
- Dial *99# from your handset.
- You will receive a welcome message on your phone. You will be prompted to enter any one of the following details:
- The first 3 letters of your bank’s short name.
- The first 4 letters of your bank’s IFSC code.
- You must first check and know the right short name or IFSC code of your bank before using this service.
- Once you enter any one of these details and hit OK, you will find a list of services offered under this facility. The first option that starts with the serial number 1 is balance enquiry.
- If you need to check the balance in your Jan Dhan Yojana account, press ‘1’ and then press submit.
- Following a confirmation screen, you will see the balance of your account displayed on the phone screen.
See Also -
How to check account balance of SBI
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government