Aditya Puri sells most of his stake in HDFC Bank for ₹843 crore
- The MD of
HDFC Bank, Aditya Purihas sold over 74.2 lakh shares, 95 per cent of his stake in the bank for around Rs 842.87 crore during the week gone by.
- The development gains significance as Puri is set to retire from the top post of the bank in October after serving as the MD since its establishment in 1994.
- The bank's board last year set up a 6-member search committee to identify his successor.
The MD of HDFC Bank, Aditya Puri has sold over 74.2 lakh shares, 95 per cent of his stake in the bank for around Rs 842.87 crore during the week gone by.
Prior to the transaction, Puri held 0.14 per cent stake -- 77.96 lakh shares -- and post the sale he holds 0.01 per cent stake, 3.76 lakh shares, according to the latest data released by the exchanges. Puri sold the shares during July 21-23.
The development gains significance as Puri is set to retire from the top post of the bank in October after serving as the MD since its establishment in 1994.
The bank's board last year set up a 6-member search committee to identify his successor.
Puri is credited with building India's largest and most valued private sector bank. The bank's market capitalisation currently stands at Rs 6.14 lakh crore.
At the end of the day's trade on Friday, its shares were at Rs 1,118.80 on the BSE, lower by Rs 11.90 or 1.05 per cent from the previous close.
The COVID-19 vaccine from Oxford and AstraZeneca shows 'promising' results in early human trials
Dil Bechara, Kissing Booth 2 and other movies you can watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+Hotstar this week
WFH effect – These companies are paying for employees' power bills, internet cost and more
Popular on BI
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- OnePlus launches seven new products at its Cloud 11 event—here’s everything about the OnePlus 11, Buds Pro 2, Keyboard 81 Pro and more
- OnePlus 11 vs iQOO 11 – price, specs and features compared
- OnePlus 11 5G review: High on value, low on excitement
- Delhi to Kochi - Indian destinations international travellers are looking for in 2023
- Post pandemic, more organizations are moving towards e-recruitment, says a survey by HirePro