HDFC Bank’s digital services are glitching again despite RBI’s warning and ban on launching new products
- India’s largest private sector lender,
HDFC Bank, is facing outages of its digital services yet again.
- The bank is aware of the issue and working on a fix, but has not shed any light on what is causing the problem.
- The glitches with HDFC Bank’s net and digital banking continue despite the Reserve Bank of India (
RBI) warning in December 2020 in light of repeated issues.
View all Offers
- 26% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G (ICY Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) Latest Snapdragon 778G 5G | sAMOLED 120Hz Display₹ 25999₹ 34999Buy On
- 11% OFF
Tecno POVA 2 (Polar Silver, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)| 7000mAh Battery | 48MP Camera | Helio G85₹ 11999₹ 13499Buy On
- 24% OFF
OPPO A74 5G (Fluid Black,6GB RAM,128GB Storage) - 5G Android Smartphone | 5000 mAh Battery | 18W Fast Charge | 90Hz LCD Display₹ 15990₹ 20990Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro Max (Glacial Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -108MP Quad Camera|120Hz Super Amoled Display₹ 18999₹ 24999Buy On
Some customers are facing intermittent issues accessing our NetBanking/MobileBanking App. We are looking into it on… https://t.co/awNg03csei— HDFC Bank Cares (@HDFCBank_Cares) 1617089320000
However, it is yet to clarify why the problem has occurred in the first place.
This comes after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) barred HDFC Bank from issuing new credit cards and new digital launches due to technical glitches in December 2020.
.@HDFCBank_Cares issues with net-banking throughout the day today. Trouble handling the heavy year-end, post long… https://t.co/7HTRgWFddE— Amit Paranjape (@aparanjape) 1617095132000
These outages have been happening after the bank informed the RBI about its detailed plan to resolve technical glitches in January, according to MoneyControl. Its short term plan was to fix the issue of digital outages over a span of 10-12 weeks. In the long run, HDFC Bank planned to use cloud computing, architectural efficiencies and disaster recovery processes to further strengthen its digital services.
However, neither strategy seems to be going according to plan. And customers have taken to Twitter to express their angst as they wait for a fix.
Embarrassment for a shareholder @HDFCBank_Cares https://t.co/ohw3zy38WK— Parimal Ade (@AdeParimal) 1617093750000
SIMPLY PUT: The ripple effect of Archegos Capital's collapse may cost global banks $6 billion
India’s biggest software exporter just got itself a millennial makeover after 15 years
Netflix, Hotstar and Amazon Prime are seeing more paid users than ever before — here’s why
- Best coffee and tea mugs for your office or home
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports
- Axis Bank posts highest ever quarterly net profit that grew 86% on year
- Pitch your startup ideas at IIT Bombay’s business model competition Eureka! — Here’s how you can apply
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable