HDFC Bank’s digital services are glitching again despite RBI’s warning and ban on launching new products
- India’s largest private sector lender,
HDFC Bank, is facing outages of its digital services yet again.
- The bank is aware of the issue and working on a fix, but has not shed any light on what is causing the problem.
- The glitches with HDFC Bank’s net and digital banking continue despite the Reserve Bank of India (
RBI) warning in December 2020 in light of repeated issues.
Some customers are facing intermittent issues accessing our NetBanking/MobileBanking App. We are looking into it on… https://t.co/awNg03csei— HDFC Bank Cares (@HDFCBank_Cares) 1617089320000
However, it is yet to clarify why the problem has occurred in the first place.
Users started reporting issues while trying to make online transactions at around 11:00 am, according to DownDectector. Complaints peaked to over 300 reports at around noon.
This comes after the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) barred HDFC Bank from issuing new credit cards and new digital launches due to technical glitches in December 2020.
.@HDFCBank_Cares issues with net-banking throughout the day today. Trouble handling the heavy year-end, post long… https://t.co/7HTRgWFddE— Amit Paranjape (@aparanjape) 1617095132000
The most recent outage is not the first glitch of this month, let alone this year. Customers were up in arms on March 1 as well with the bank's digital services being unable for nearly four hours on the day.
These outages have been happening after the bank informed the RBI about its detailed plan to resolve technical glitches in January, according to MoneyControl. Its short term plan was to fix the issue of digital outages over a span of 10-12 weeks. In the long run, HDFC Bank planned to use cloud computing, architectural efficiencies and disaster recovery processes to further strengthen its digital services.
However, neither strategy seems to be going according to plan. And customers have taken to Twitter to express their angst as they wait for a fix.
Embarrassment for a shareholder @HDFCBank_Cares https://t.co/ohw3zy38WK— Parimal Ade (@AdeParimal) 1617093750000
SIMPLY PUT: The ripple effect of Archegos Capital's collapse may cost global banks $6 billion
India’s biggest software exporter just got itself a millennial makeover after 15 years
Netflix, Hotstar and Amazon Prime are seeing more paid users than ever before — here’s why
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Delhi HC seeks RBI stand on PIL seeking uniform banking code for foreign exchange transactions
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World