RBI removes ban on Diners Club International while restriction on Mastercard, American Express continues
- RBI has lifted a ban on payment system operator
Diners Club International, which means the card company can now on-board new users.
- On April 23, India’s central bank had banned the US-based company from onboarding new domestic customers onto its card network for violating data storage norms.
Mastercard, American Expressare still restricted from doing new business in India.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has lifted a ban on payment system operator Diners Club International, which means the card company can now onboard new clients. In India, Diners Club has partnered with HDFC Bank.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 74% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo XXL Bean Bag Filled With Beans (Brown and Tan)₹ 1469₹ 6000Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Double Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 48 X 6 Inches)₹ 9059₹ 14999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Darius Metal Sofa cum Bed (Grey)₹ 16739₹ 29000Buy On
- 45% OFF
Springtek Rollaway Foam and Wrought Iron Metal Folding Single Bed with 6-Inch Contemporary Premium Mattress, Lockable Wheels- (Black)₹ 11999₹ 21000Buy On
- 27% OFF
Nilkamal CHR2060 Polypropylene Chair Beige₹ 859₹ 910Buy On
On April 23, the central bank had banned the US-based company from onboarding new domestic customers onto its card network for violating data storage norms.
The regulator has lifted the ban on the Diners Club as it has complied with the stipulated norms.
“In view of the satisfactory compliance demonstrated by Diners Club International Ltd. with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) circular dated April 6, 2018 on Storage of Payment System Data, the restrictions imposed, vide order dated April 23, 2021, on on-boarding of fresh domestic customers have been lifted with immediate effect,” RBI said in a statement on November 9.
Meanwhile, RBI’s ban on American Express and Mastercard continues. Along with Diners, RBI had barred another US-based payment system operator American Express. In July 2021, RBI had also restricted Mastercard for non-compliance with its local data storage norms.
After Tata Motors, TVS Motor may raise money to run EV business
AdvertisementBritannia is unable to improve its profit despite a price increase — what’s next
Popular on BI
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on gaming laptops, accessories
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022