You will soon be able to use UPI in France in addition to UAE, Singapore
- The National Payments Corporation of India International has signed an MoU with France’s Lyra Network.
- This will enable Indians to pay using
UPIand Rupay cards in France.
- UPI is already accepted in UAE, Singapore and Bhutan.
AdvertisementIn yet another boost to the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and Rupay, union communications and electronics & information technology minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has announced that UPI and
According to a report by ANI, The National Payments Corporation of India International (NPCI International), the international arm of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Lyra Network, a French payment solutions company.
As part of the MoU, Lyra Networks will allow Indians to pay using UPI and Rupay cards at terminals and machines offered by Lyra Networks, making it easier especially for students and tourists from India to make payments.
This comes just two months after NPCI International had announced a partnership with NeoPay, a payments subsidiary of UAE’s Mashreq Bank, allowing Indians in the UAE to make payments using UPI on the company’s terminals across the country.
“An MoU has been signed b/w NPCI, International and Lyra Network of France for 'Acceptance of UPI & Rupay Card in France. India is doing 5.5 billion UPI transactions in a month. Today's MoU with France is a big achievement for us,” union minister Ashwini Vaishnaw told ANI.
This will also boost Rupay, which recently received a shot in the arm after the country’s central bank announced that Rupay credit cards will soon be linked to the UPI network, allowing users to make payments with their Rupay credit card by using UPI apps.
Indians can already use UPI in countries like Bhutan and Singapore. NPCI International is also in talks to enable UPI payments in Nepal.
In a relief to PhonePe and Google Pay, UPI apps may get more time to comply with the 30% cap on market share
RBI to allow use of credit cards via UPI soon, starting with RuPay credit cards
SBI Cards, PhonePe, Google Pay to benefit from RBI allowing credit cards to be linked to UPI, say analysts
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns