Wear it, tap it and get going: Visa Platinum prepaid card users will soon be able to make their payments with wearables like band, rings, jackets, watch straps
- An Indian fintech payment services startup
Billboxis developing wearable payment accessories called TapTap.
- The 16-year-old Mumbai-based startup Billbox has launched the product in association with NSDL Payments Bank and
- It has been launched with silicon band, silicon strap and silicon loop which will be available in white, black and blue colours.
AdvertisementThe days when you had to use your card for payments may soon be a thing of the past. An Indian fintech payment services startup, Billbox, is developing wearable payment accessories through a disruptive product TapTap, which will help in making payments faster than cards.
“The newly launched product will be highly beneficial to a segment of the population who are looking for quick contactless payment methods that go beyond plastic money, QR codes and cards,” said Ashutosh Singh, president & CBO, NSDL Payments Bank.
The 16-year-old Mumbai-based startup Billbox has launched the product in association with NSDL Payments Bank and Visa.
“TapTap is a program manager and fintech pioneer in prepaid and gift card programs. Our B2B and B2C solutions through partnerships with major brands, fashion designers, and enterprise customers will get us the cutting-edge technology of accessorising payments through wearable contactless payment products. It also allows quick turnaround to launch customised co-branded prepaid card programs,”
It has been launched with silicon band, silicon strap and silicon loop and will be available in white, black and blue colours. The company also claims that the product is non-allergic, non-skin irritant and washable, as it is made out of silicon.
The products under development that are aimed at men include rings, access cards, airpod covers, watch straps, watches, cuff links, ties, gloves, jackets and spectacles.
Products for women would include rings, mobile covers, key fobs, bag tags, stickers, watches, watch straps, bracelets made out of silicon, leather, artificial jewellery, gold and silver jewellery.
“Partnering with fintech like BillBox, we continue to provide Visa cardholders the convenience of tapping to pay for their everyday purchases, now through wearable devices,” said
But there is a catch. TapTap wearable contactless payments is only available for Visa Platinum prepaid card users and will cost ₹1499 per wearable. It will be for use in metro cities of India. Furthermore, the company says that one doesn’t need a phone or scanner to use the product, and it requires no charging either.
Advertisement“This offering is in line with NSDL Payments Bank’s philosophy to offer innovative and secure digital financial solutions to Indian consumers in a cost-effective manner,” Singh added.
Billbox also offers reloadable prepaid cards and the same can be loaded via instructions to the bank, the company said.
SEE ALSO: Nykaa chief financial officer Arvind Agarwal quits
Living sustainably: Here are 10 tips to get you started
India’s benchmark indices snap 3-day losing streak – Easy Trip Planners extends gains, Paytm tanks 11%
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- As road & rail projects gather steam, cap good companies set for a decadal growth opportunity
- Network18 group to merge TV, digital news businesses
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet