Here's where you can legally smoke weed in 2018
The United States is gradually becoming the land of the red, white, and green.
Starting January 1, it will be legal to smoke marijuana for medical use in 29 states, and Americans will be able to toke up without a doctor's letter in nine states. Support for the drug reached new highs in 2017. A Gallup poll showed that 64% of Americans favor legalization, and even a majority of Republicans back it.
The booming industry was expected to post nearly $10 billion in sales in 2017.
Here's a summary of where Americans can legally light up in 2018.
- Gartner predicts opt-out rate for mobile app tracking to decline by 2023 as Apple, Google aim to control it
- Microsoft starts rolling out new Office UI to all users
- OnePlus RT, Moto G200 and more: All upcoming smartphone launches in India in December 2021
- Vim's new ad is a nudge to society to see women beyond archaic roles
- Anand Rathi aims to double its assets under management in the next 3-5 years, says MD Amit Rathi