I celebrated Holi at Radha and Krishna's villages and it was breathtaking
Holi, the festival of colours is best experienced in the villages of Nandgaon and Barsana, both situated at a few distance from Vrindavan. Nandgaon is
The festival begins on asthmi with ladoo-leela at Barsana ands continues for the next two and a half days.
The menfolk play Holi with women in a way which is extremely vocal about their nature of interest in them. It is not sexual in its approach but it has the rustic element of wooing and teasing.
Have a look at how these two villages celebrate the
(The author, Divya Rai is a professional photographer and a travel blogger. When she is not busy developing beautiful photographs, she writes a travelogue called A Borrowed Backpack)
Popular on BI
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- Investors to go ahead with Friday meet to oust Byju's CEO amid court order
- Mohammed Shami ruled out of IPL, to undergo ankle surgery
- Here are the 8 eating habits that could upset your stomach
- 10 best places to visit in Azerbaijan for Indian tourists
- ED upgrades Look out Circular against BYJU's promoter Byju Raveendran