India ramps up armed forces veteran hiring across administrative and financial job roles
- India is ramping up
veteran hiringacross administrative roles.
- US multinationals — Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo — have hired 41 and 17 veterans, respectively.
- According to TOI report, India is expected to employ 150,000 veterans.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUInitially a US concept, veteran hiring — the former members from the armed forces — is now gaining momentum in India with the introduction of armed forces veteran hiring programmes.
Though, the veteran community is well-nourished and disciplined for administrative and security roles, the working class of the community still struggles to land a job below 45 years of age. American multinationals including Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo have given in the idea of veteran hirings.
According to a TOI report, the global investment bank Goldman Sachs has extended internship offers to nearly 41 officers in India in the last five years, under its Armed Forces Integration Program (AFIP) — with a conversion of almost half of them as full-time employees of the company.
On the other hand, Wells Fargo hired 17 veterans across roles — risk & compliance, business services and programme management. “We have an air force commando who is now very good at redesigning and reengineering our processes,” Arindam Banerrji, managing director at Wells Fargo India, reportedly said.
MSME EXCHANGE 2021Join us in amplifying the voice of over 60 million MSMEs in IndiaJune 28 - 29, 05:00 PM onwards
The multinationals have teamed up with job portals including military to corporate and Soldier Second Life, among others to overcome the challenges in hiring veterans for various job roles.
- Best 43-inch smart TVs under ₹30,000
- A new cryptocurrency scam targeting gamers has already siphoned off $2 million in Monero
- Twitter locks out Ravi Shankar Prasad temporarily, the minister behind India’s latest IT rules
- China launches first fully-electrified bullet train near Himalayan region of Tibet
- Best water-resistant smartwatches in India for 2021