214 fresh COVID-19 cases in India
- With this, the total number of COVID-19 cases has climbed to 4.46 crore.
- The active cases comprise 0.01 per cent of the total infections.
- An increase of six cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
With this, the total number of COVID-19 cases has climbed to 4.46 crore (4,46,79,761).
The death toll increased to 5,30,718 with four deaths -- two reconciled by Kerala, and one each reported from
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 0.11 per cent. The weekly positivity rate stood at 0.12 per cent, according to the
The active cases comprise 0.01 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate has increased to 98.80 per cent, the ministry said.
An increase of six cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 4,41,46,534. The case fatality rate was recorded at 1.19 per cent.
According to the ministry's website, 220.13 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in the country so far under the nationwide vaccination drive.
India's COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of two crore on May 4, 2021, three crore on June 23 and four crore on January 25 last year.
SEE ALSO: iPhone 13 becomes the best-selling smartphone in India in Q4 2022, first iPhone ever to join the list
India mulls 2nd Covid booster even as coverage of first dose remains feeble
Popular on BI
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts