iPhone 13 becomes the best-selling smartphone in India in Q4 2022, first iPhone ever to join the list
- The best-selling smartphones in India in Q4 2022 include an Apple device for the first time.
- The iPhone 13 has topped the list, making it the only premium device to do so.
- Here are the best-selling smartphones in India in Q4 2022.
AdvertisementThe year 2022 has just ended, and the last few months were packed with sales by e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and Flipkart due to the festive season. A lot of electronics are purchased during the festive season, including smartphones, either for friends and family or personal use.
The Q4 2022 (October to December) quarter’s smartphone sales data from Counterpoint Research is here, and there’s something very surprising. For the first time, a premium smartphone, that too an iPhone, has topped the list with the highest share in sales.
iPhone 13 tops the list
|Apple iPhone 13||4%|
|Samsung Galaxy M13||3%|
|Xiaomi Redmi A1||3%|
|Samsung Galaxy A04s||3%|
Source: Counterpoint Research
The iPhone 13, the company’s last-gen premium offering, has topped the list with a sales share of 4%. While this may look like a small number, it is significant considering the number of smartphones being sold in the market.
As mentioned earlier, this is the first time that a premium smartphone has made it to the list of the best-selling smartphones in India, which budget smartphones from Xiaomi, Samsung, and Realme have usually dominated.
In addition, this is the first iPhone to make it to the list.
|Smartphone||Q4 2021 sales share|
|Samsung Galaxy M12||3%|
|Redmi Note 10s||3%|
Source: Counterpoint Research
For context, the best-selling smartphones in Q4 2021 included Realme C11, Oppo A54, Galaxy M12, Redmi Note 10s, and the Redmi 9A, all of which are priced below ₹15,000.
While it's not clear what helped iPhone top the list, it could be due to the festive sales during which the iPhone 13 was available for as low as ₹57,990, down from its launch price of ₹79,900.
Budget smartphones continue to dominate the list
While the iPhone 13 was able to make its way to the top, the other spots continue to be captured by affordable devices.
The second spot was occupied by the Galaxy M13, the successor of the Galaxy M12, which was one of the best-selling smartphones in Q4 2021. The Galaxy M13 captured 3% of the share in sales.
Xiaomi’s entry-level smartphone, the Redmi A1, which was launched with a price tag of ₹6,499, was in third place with a sales share of 3%.
Samsung also took the fourth spot, with its Galaxy A04s capturing the spot with a market share of 3%.
The final spot was occupied by the Realme C35, with a share in sales of 3%.
After iPhone 14, Android phones will soon support satellite messaging, starting with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip
OnePlus 11 5G to launch in India in February 2023 – launch date, specs, expected price and more
The iPhone 15 series is expected to feature a USB Type-C port, A17 chipset and a revamped design
Popular on BI
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Zookeepers were stumped when a female gibbon got pregnant while alone in her cage. 2 years later they say there was a tiny hole that she and a neighboring male used to copulate through.
- Not just LIC, 32 mutual fund houses have exposure to Adani Group stocks
- Shark Tank fame Recode Studios raises funds in a pre-series A round
- Sensex, Nifty clock gains with buying in IT and finance stocks
- Ola launches new e-scooter S1 Air, starting at ₹84,999
- India's first solar-powered electric vehicle could cut your daily transportation costs by one-third!
- Love is in the air, but so are scammers: Protect yourself from valentines day dating app frauds