42 lakh essays on Ahom hero Lachit Borphukan enters Guinness World Records
The entries, made in over 25 languages, were uploaded to a portal in October-November last year, launched as part of the 400th birth anniversary celebrations of Borphukan.
Only the handwritten entries were considered for the world record.
The state government marked the conclusion of the birth anniversary celebration with a series of programmes in November last year, with the finale held in New Delhi and attended by Prime Minister
Borphukan is known for his leadership in the 1671 'Battle of Saraighat' on Brahmaputra that thwarted a drawn-out attempt by the mighty Mughal forces, led by Raja Ramsingh-I, to take back Assam.
SEBI extends deadline till Mar 15 to submit public comments on proposal on REITs, InvITs sponsors
FPIs continue to be bearish on oil & gas, power stocks in February, offload equities worth ₹7,821 crore in the two sectors
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- A second giant 'hole' has appeared on the sun, and it could send 1.8 million mph solar winds towards Earth
- We used ChatGPT to plan international trips - here’s a tour of the results!
- Sebi to boost disclosure norms; do away with permanent board seats for individuals
- Here are the ten big income tax rule changes that will come into effect from April 1
- Not just for OTT, people rely on digital to discover & engage with content across TV and movies: BCG-Meta Report
- SPC Lifesciences files draft papers with SEBI for IPO
- Sensex rallies 346 pts, Nifty near 17,100 on firm global markets