Adani Wilmar acquires rice brand Kohinoor, aims to heighten its position in the food segment
The takeover will give Adani Wilmar an exclusive rights over the brand
"Adani Wilmar is pleased to welcome Kohinoor brand to the Fortune family. Kohinoor is a trusted brand which represents the authentic flavours of India and is loved by consumers. This acquisition is in sync with our business strategy to expand our portfolio in the higher margin branded staples and food products segment," said Angshu
Mallick believes that the packaged food category is under-penetrated with significant headroom for growth.
"The Kohinoor Brand has a strong brand recall and will help accelerate our leadership position in the Food FMCG category, " Mallick added.
The Adani group company's leadership position in the food FMCG category is expected to augment a strong product basket with potential to scale value added products, besides leveraging the reach of Kohinoor and Fortune brand to drive synergies for the company across geographies.
In 2020, there were only four Indians in the global top 100 rich list, now there are seven
From brand deals to selling merchandise, this is how much Indian social media influencers earn
Popular on BI
- Retail auto sales grow 11% in September, but still below pre-Covid levels, says FADA
- Slow recovery of low income households slowed down India's economic recovery: Kotak report
- Best cars under ₹20 lakh to buy this festive season
- India saw 20.5 billion online transactions worth ₹36 trillion in Q2: report
- Nobel prize winner Svante Paabo's DNA discoveries offer clues as to what makes us human