In 2020, there were only four Indians in the global top 100 rich list, now there are seven
- The richest 100 people in the world collectively hold wealth worth $4,287 billion.
- Seven Indians have made it to the list of world’s richest over the last one year.
- Adani is currently the fifth richest person in the world, whereas Ambani is at seventh rank.
AdvertisementThe richest 100 people in the world collectively hold wealth worth $4,287 billion, according to Forbes real-time billionaires list, as on May 2, 2022. A quick analysis of the list revealed that seven Indians have made it to the list of world’s richest over the last one year.
The biggest change, however, has been the change in Gautam Adani’s global ranking. Mukesh Ambani, the chairperson and managing director of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), is no longer the richest person in India and Asia. Instead, Gautam Adani of the Adani Group currently holds that title.
Adani is currently the fifth richest person in the world, whereas Ambani is at seventh rank.
Here is the complete list of Indian in the 100 richest people in the world
Source: Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List
|5||Gautam Adani & family||$125.6 Billion||59||Adani Group|
|7||Mukesh Ambani||$105.1 Billion||65||Reliance Industries Limited|
|54||Shiv Nadar||$26.1 Billion||76||HCL Technologies Limited, Shiv Nagar Foundation|
|63||Cyrus Poonawalla||$23.9 Billion||80||Cyrus Poonawalla Group|
|86||Radhakishan Damani||$19.1 Billion||67||Avenue Supermarts|
|89||Savitri Jindal & family||$18.7 Billion||72||O.P.Jindal Group|
|100||Lakshmi Mittal||$17.0 Billion||71||ArcelorMittal, Aperam|
Note: As on May 2, 2022
The quick scan of the list revealed that Adani is the youngest among the seven Indians in the top 100 list, whereas Cyrus Poonawalla of Cyrus Poonawalla Group is the oldest. Savitri Jindal, Indian businesswoman and politician is the only female in the seven richest Indians in the world. She has a networth of $18.7 billion.
In 2020, there were four Indians in the list of 100 richest people in the world. This included Ambani, Adani, Nadar and Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank. Adani has increased his net worth most dramatically, growing nearly seven-fold in the last two years.
Source: Forbes Billionaires List 2020
|Rank in 2020||Name||Net worth||Business|
|9||Mukesh Ambani||$64 Billion||Reliance|
|68||Gautam Adani||$17 Billion||Adani Enterprises|
|68||Shiv Nadar & family||$17 Billion||HCL|
|91||Uday Kotak||$15 Billion||Kotak Mahindra|
Cyrus Poonawalla, Radhakishan Damani, Savitri Jindal & family and Lakshmi Mittal have made their entry into the list in the last two years.
Uday Kotal, on the other hand, currently sits at 130th rank with networth of $14.4 billion. He is overtaken by Kumar Birla of Aditya Birla Group at 112 rank, Dilip Shanghvi of Sun Pharmaceutical at 113th rank and Sunil Mittal of Bharti Enterprises at 128th rank
Outside of India, Elon Musk continues to be the richest man in the world with a net worth of $246 billion. He is followed by the Bernard Arnault family, who runs luxury goods company LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, with a net worth of $155.5 billion.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, is the third richest man and has a net worth of $150.1 billion.
It's Open — India now has a century of unicorns
UPI reaches new heights with 5.58 billion transactions in April 2022
Byju's, Swiggy and ten other startups raised nearly $4 billion last quarter
Popular on BI
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?
- RBI cancels license of Pune-based Rupee Cooperative Bank, says 99% depositors will receive full refund