Centre approves ₹1,810 crore investment for Himachal hydro project
This project, being implemented by
#Cabinet approves ₹1810 crore Investment for 210 MW Luhri Stage-I Hydro Power Project located on river Satluj in Hi… https://t.co/mYlly9giZz— PIB India (@PIB_India) 1604485348000
The Luhri Stage-I Hydro Electric Project shall be commissioned within a span of 62 months.
The power generated from the project will help in providing Grid stability and will improve the power supply position. Besides adding valuable renewable energy to the grid, the project would also lead to reduction of 6.1 lakh tons of carbon dioxide from the environment annually, thus contributing to improvement in air quality.
The construction activities of the project will result in direct and indirect employment to around 2,000 persons and will contribute to overall socio-economic development of the State, a government statement said.
Further, Himachal Pradesh will benefit with free power worth around Rs 1,140 crore from Luhri Stage-I Hydro Electric Project, during the project life cycle of 40 years. The project affected families will be provided with 100 units of free electricity per month for ten years, the statement said.
SEE ALSO: Here’s when we will know the 2020 US election results
Ratan Tata, Mukesh Ambani and Uday Kotak to be a part of PM Modi's Virtual Global Investor Roundtable on Thursday
Popular on BI
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal