West Bengal resumes passengers flights tomorrow— Here are the guidelines for air passengers
- Domestic flights for West Bengal will resume from Thursday (May 28).
- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee-led government in West Bengal issued new guidelines for passengers arriving in the state.
- All passengers will have to wear face masks at the airport and will have to follow social distancing.
AdvertisementDomestic flights for West Bengal will resume from Thursday (May 28), three days after India opened up its skies for domestic passenger services.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee-led government in West Bengal issued new guidelines for passengers arriving in the state in order to control the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
Here are the important guidelines issued by the authorities:
- All passengers will have to wear face masks at the airport and will have to follow social distancing norms along with basic hygiene etiquette.
- All passengers will have to undergo health screening at the airport, and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board the plane.
- All passengers will have to submit a self-declaration form stating that they have not contacted COVID-19 in the past two months.
- All passengers will have to mandatorily self-isolate for 14-days.
- In case any passengers develop any symptoms, they shall inform the local medical officer or state call Centre 1800 313 444 222/033-23412600,2357 3636/1083/1085 for medical interventions.
- Passengers with moderate or severe symptoms will be admitted to the dedicated COVID-19 health facility in the state.
- The state government has directed the airport authorities to sanitise and disinfect the common areas regularly. It has also asked the authorities to make sure adequate amounts of soaps and sanitisers are available at different points in the airport.
- Adequate publicity for maintenance of social distancing norms and health hygiene protocol should be done at the airport.
The Centre had only allowed limited passenger flight operations of about one-third capacity of the summer schedule to operate between metro cities and other destinations from May 25, adding that this capacity might be ramped up in the coming period.
Passenger air services were suspended for both scheduled domestic and international flights since March 25, due to the imposition of the nationwide lockdown in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak.
SEE ALSO: Here’s a list of all containment zones in West Bengal’s Kolkata, Howrah, North Parganas and Purba Medinipur
Coronavirus cases in India rise to 151,767 on May 27— with 54% active cases and 42% recovered
Popular on BI
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- IPL 2023 – schedule, how to watch IPL for free, venues, new rules and more
- Fired H1B visa holders have 'multiple options', wrong to assume they have to leave in 60 days: USCIS director
- NSE, BSE put Adani Green Energy under second stage of longterm ASM framework from Mar 28
- Two multibagger stocks under Nifty500 doubled investors money in last six months
- Disney's first job cut round begins this week, 7,000 employees to be hit: CEO