Here’s a list of all containment zones in West Bengal’s Kolkata, Howrah, North Parganas and Purba Medinipur
- The West Bengal government on Monday declared Kolkata, Howrah,
North Parganasand Purba Medinipur districts as red zones.
- The government spotted various containment zones in those districts to contain the virus.
- The Ministry of Health defines COVID-19 containment zones as the area where several positive cases of Coronavirus are found.
- As many as 287 areas in Kolkata, the majority of which are in the north and central parts of the city, have been identified as containment zones.
AdvertisementThe West Bengal government on Monday released a list of four districts as red zones in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Other than Kolkata, the government identified Howrah, North 24 Parganas and Purba Medinipur districts as red zones. The government also spotted various containment zones in those districts to contain the virus.
READ ALSO: Coronavirus cases in India inches towards the 30,000 mark— 1,543 new cases in last 24 hours as of April 28
What are containment zones?
The Ministry of Health defines COVID-19 a containment zone as an area where several positive cases of Coronavirus are found.
“The cluster containment strategy would be to contain the disease within a defined geographic area by detecting cases in the nascent stage, breaking the chain of transmission and preventing its spread to new areas. This would include geographic quarantine, social distancing measures, enhanced active surveillance, testing all suspected cases, isolation of cases, quarantine of contacts and risk communication to create awareness among the public on preventive public health measures,” said the Ministry of Health.
Here’s the list of all the containment zones district-wise across the state:
As many as 287 areas in Kolkata, the majority of which are in the north and central parts of the city, have been identified as containment zones.
Here’s a list of all containment zones in
Remaining Containment Zone list of Kolkata https://t.co/NidMhgfRxg— Pooja Mehta (@pooja_news) 1587997556000
Chief Secretary Rajiva Sinha said that out of the 287 containment zones in Kolkata, there have been no cases from 18 zones in the last two weeks.
There were eight containment zones in
Here’s a list of all containment zones in Purba Medinipur district
#Update: Following are eight containment zones in East Midnapore district of West Bengal. https://t.co/fvJN0kfErr— Pooja Mehta (@pooja_news) 1587997806000
AdvertisementIn the North 24 Parganas district, there has been no report of any COVID-19 positive cases from 13 zones out of the total 57 containment zones, he said.
Here’s a list of all containment zones in North 24 Parganas district
#UPDATE: Following are the 57 containment zones in North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal. https://t.co/6uUu54QvmF— Pooja Mehta (@pooja_news) 1587997705000
Sinha further said that in Howrah district there were 56 containment zones, and from 13 of them there has been no new case of coronavirus infection.
Here’s a list of all containment zones in Howrah district
#UPDATE: Following are the containment zones in the district of Howrah @ZeeNews #CoronaUpdatesInIndia… https://t.co/ds3YqDpPIA— Pooja Mehta (@pooja_news) 1587996644000
Sinha also said that if no new case is reported from a zone for at least 21 days, the government will announce relaxations there.
Eleven districts have been identified as orange zones, while eight are in the green zone, as per the list released by the state government.
Those in the orange zone are South 24 Parganas, Hooghly, Paschim Medinipur, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim Bardhaman, Kalimpong, Nadia, Jalpaiguri, Darjeeling, Murshidabad and Malda.
The eight districts in the green zone are Alipurduar, Cooch Behar, Uttar Dinajpur, Dakhin Dinajpur, Birbhum, Bankura, Purulia and Jhargram.
West Bengal, till Monday, registered 20 COVID-19 deaths and a total of 633 cases. Of them, 504 are active cases, and 109 people have been discharged from hospitals after they recovered.
According to the Union Health Ministry, the number of COVID-19-stricken patients in the state stands at 649.
SEE ALSO: Coronavirus cases in India state wise
Coronavirus News and Updates
Popular on BI
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Nifty headed for lifetime high in June, analysts recommend capitalising on dips
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL