Coronavirus in Maharashtra: Number of infected people rise to 116, none cured and 2 dead
- The state is currently leading with 116 cases, followed by Kerala and Haryana with 113 and 39 positive cases respectively.
- On the brighter side, 14 positive patients have been cured and shall be sent home, Maharashtra health minister said.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi yesterday announced a 21-day nationwide lockdown.
AdvertisementFive more COVID-19 positive cases were detected overnight in the state taking the total number of infected persons from 107 to 116, Health Minister Rajesh Tope said here on Wednesday.
On the brighter side, 14 positive patients have been cured and shall be sent home, he added as the state and country observed a total lock-down as part of the 'war against virus'.
Earlier today, five members of a family from Islampur, Sangli district were found positive and this afternoon, another four were positive, all from Mumbai. All the nine patients are undergoing treatment at various hospitals.
Another 94 suspected cases were admitted to various city hospitals yesterday, according to the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
Mumbai police seizes face masks valued at Rs 1 crore.
Mumbai police seized 200 boxes of face masks valued at Rs 1 crore. The police also registered FIR against five persons, according to PTI.
Mumbai police seize 200 boxes of face masks valued at Rs 1 crore; FIR registered against 5 persons— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) 1585126997000
Active cases in Pune, Mumbai and other urban areas
In Maharashtra, presently, there are 16 cases in Pune; seven in Mumbai and one each in the suburbs like Thane and Kalyan; four in Nagpur; two in Yavatmal; and three in Navi Mumbai, followed by one each in Thane, Raigad, Ahmednagar and Aurangabad.
Eleven persons suspected of coronavirus infection with a travel history from Dubai fled from a hospital in Maharashtra’s Navi Mumbai. The suspects were kept in isolation, and their coronavirus test results were awaited.
Times Now reported that the suspects went to Dubai to play a cricket match. And they reportedly evaded security and have absconded after being sent to isolation within 2 hours of returning to India.
AdvertisementBMC says ‘work-from-home’ could be made mandatory
“We highly advise companies to initiate work-from-home policies. If necessary, we will make this mandatory in the days to come,” Pardeshi said.
This can help decongest the suburban trains, metro networks, public buses and other forms of transport systems especially in Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, the three cities where a maximum number of COVID-19 cases have been detected, he added.
Schools, colleges in Maha urban areas closed till March 31
The Maharashtra government on Saturday issued a notice asking all schools and colleges in the urban areas to remain closed till March 31.
However, the examinations of Class X and Class XII as well as universities will take place as per the schedule, the circular said. The government made the announcement public during the state Assembly.
Maharashtra FDA mandates sanitisers and surgical masks
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Maharashtra issued a notification declaring hand sanitisers, surgical masks and N95 masks as essential commodities.
The administration also warned of legal action against persons hoarding these articles for black marketing.
Mango exports come to a grinding halt: Maharashtra
Maharashtra fruit market affected due to the coronavirus pandemic. Fruit suppliers in Mumbai told ANI that, “export of mangoes is getting severely affected. It has stopped 100%, by air as flights from foreign countries are suspended till March 31. At present, there’s no demand for mangoes from abroad”.
Maharashtra: Fruit market affected due to #CoronavirusPandemic.Supplier in Mumbai says,'Export of mangoes is gettin… https://t.co/zQMRBQZ1DZ— ANI (@ANI) 1584198649000
SEE ALSO: coronavirus: Latest News, Articles on coronavirus | Business Insider India
Popular on BI
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala