COVID-19: India sets grim milestone with 4,529 fatalities in last 24 hours
There were 2,67,533 new cases reported in the same duration.
On Tuesday, India recorded 2.63 lakh fresh cases, lowest since April 21.
Fresh Covid cases came down below the three-lakh- mark for the first time on May 17.
On May 7, the country had recorded its highest ever cases of 4,14,188.
While Maharashtra continues at the top with the highest deaths so far, the western state has been surpassed by Karnataka for largest number of cases being reported last week.
India's overall tally of Covid-19 cases now stands at 2,54,96,330 with 32,26,719 active cases and 2,83,248 deaths so far.
According to the
The Health Ministry said that a total of 18,58,09,302 people have been vaccinated so far in the country, including 13,12,155 who were administered vaccines in the last 24 hours.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), 32,03,01,177 samples have been tested up to May 18 for Covid-19. Of these 20,08,296 samples were tested on Tuesday.
Adani Green Energy to acquire SB Energy India, boosting its renewable energy capacity by 4.9GW
WazirX has listed Shiba Inu — here's everything you need to know about the said Dogecoin killer
Maharashtra to consider staggered reopening depending on the COVID-19 cases in the state
Popular on BI
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India