Domino’s clarifies the pizza delivery guy who tested positive was not theirs
- The Internet is buzzing with a Delhi
pizzadelivery boy who tested positive for Covid-19. Domino’s condemned fake news around it and said, “We are doing everything necessary and possible so that your favourite Domino’s Pizza is always delivered safely to you.”
- Earlier today families in 72 houses in a locality in Delhi’s South District were told to observe self-quarantine after a pizza
deliveryboy tested positive.
- The DM said a detailed trail was followed to identify each house where the outlet delivered food.
To contain the fake news, Domino’s took to Twitter to condemn it saying, “You might have come across a recent news about a pizza delivery person being tested positive for Covid-19 in South-Delhi. In the interest of customers having full information, we would like to clarify that this does not pertain to Domino’s Pizza. ”
“We would like to reassure you that, in these uncertain times,we are taking all possible precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and customers.” it added.
We are doing everything necessary and possible so that your favourite Domino’s Pizza is always delivered safely to… https://t.co/0o0LztJFvg— dominos_india (@dominos_india) 1587017563000
The statement came after a few people started trolling the pizza chain on Twitter for their “careless behaviour”.
One of the tweets said, “This is seriously unacceptable.” In fact, pizza was trending on Twitter, as people discussed the dangers of ordering in and its effects.
@dominos what is that ??This is seriously unacceptable. https://t.co/chbS3CGyVb— ER PIYUSH (@ERPIYUSH5) 1587026657000
@Interceptors @noidapolice @dominos_india @AdminLKO @Uppolice @myogiadityanath This is confirmed or fake news https://t.co/1z5kFbzQLc— ATUL KUMAR SRIVASTAV (@theatulgreat) 1587022125000
However, the confusion spread far and wide as the District Magistrate B M Mishra did not reveal the name of the ‘famous chain’. However, Mishra did leave one clue for those busy guessing on social media. He said that as a precautionary measure, the restaurant has now suspended operations for the time being.
Mishra said that the delivery boy was from
India currently has 12,380 confirmed cases of Coronavirus according to the data published by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Thursday.
Of these, 10,477 are active cases of COVID-19, 1,488 individuals have recovered and discharged from the hospital, one person migrated to another country, and 414 people succumbed to the disease. New Delhi is the second in the race with 1,578 cases after Maharashtra, which stands at 2916.
SEE ALSO:Coronavirus cases in India state wise
- Yash Raj Films launches casting app for acting aspirants
- Tata Motors sales rise 8 pc in February at 86,406 units
- BSE, NSE to conduct special trading session on Saturday to test preparedness for disruption
- SBI report deciphers India's GDP surge and economic projections
- Google begins to enforce Play Store policies in India, to remove non-compliant apps