India now has more than 96,000 coronavirus cases –5,242 new cases in the last 24 hours
- With the sharpest spike of 5,242 new cases in 24 hours, India's total case count of
coronavirusjumped to 96,169, the Union Health Ministry data revealed on Monday.
- According to the Health Ministry, of the total, 56,316 are active cases while at least 36,823 people have been cured from the disease.
- Follow the comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus pandemic and its impact, and other useful resources that can help you in the fight on Business Insider India.
According to the Health Ministry, of the total, 56,316 are active cases while at least 36,823 people have been cured from the disease.
At least 157 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours, taking the total fatality count to 3,029.
In Maharashtra, the Covid-19 cases climbed to 33,053, followed by Gujarat which has 11,379 cases and Tamil Nadu 11,224 cases so far.
Maharashtra has also reported the highest number of deaths, 1198, followed by 659 in Gujarat and 248 in Madhya Pradesh.
National capital's total tally crossed the 10,000-mark on Monday and stood at 10,054, according to the Health Ministry data.
States which have reported more than 4000 cases are Rajasthan (5,202), Madhya Pradesh (4,977) and Uttar Pradesh (4,259).
Other major states and Union Territories that have reported more than 1,000 cases are West Bengal (2,677), Andhra Pradesh (2,407), Punjab (1,964), Telangana (1,551), Bihar (1,262), Jammu and Kashmir (1,183) and Karnataka (1,147).
Among other states and UTs that have reported a significant number of cases are Haryana (910), Kerala (601), Odisha (828), Tripura (167), Jharkhand (223), Assam (101), Uttarakhand (92), Himachal Pradesh (80) and Chandigarh (191).
Goa which had maintained Corona Free status for quite a long time and had few resurged cases recently, reported at least 15 new cases, taking the total tally there at 29, said the Health Ministry.
Here are the latest number of cases across states as per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website.
|S. No.||Name of State / UT||Total Confirmed cases*||Cured/Discharged/Migrated||Deaths**|
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||33||33||0|
|8||Dadar Nagar Haveli||1||0||0|
|14||Jammu and Kashmir||1121||542||12|
|34||Cases being reassigned to states||290||0||0|
|Total number of confirmed cases in India||90927#||34109||2872|
List of coronavirus hotspot in Andhra Pradesh
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
List of coronavirus hotspot in mumbai
- Amazon offers 125,000 full-time jobs to temporary employees
- Sensex drops over 300 pts in early trade; Nifty tests 9,400 level
- Raktanchal, Golkeri, America’s Got Talent and other shows that you can watch on Amazon Prime Videos, Voot Select, and MX Player.
- How OnePlus pulled off the global launch of OnePlus 8 in the midst of a lockdown
- India registers biggest single-day spike of 7,466 COVID-19 cases
- Air travel Guidelines
- Covid-19 Drug
- Karnataka travel guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- COVID-19 infections
- Modi’s Stimulus Package
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra extends lockdown
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Mukesh Ambani
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines