India now has more than 2,07,615 coronavirus cases –8,900 new cases in the last 24 hours
- the total case count of
coronavirusmounted to 2,07,615
- Of the total cases 1,01,497 are active and 1,00,303 have been cured and discharged while 5,815 have died from the disease.
- Follow the comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus pandemic and its impact, and other useful resources that can help you in the fight on Business Insider India.
With 8,909 new cases and 217 fatalities reported in the last 24 hours, India is now poised at the seventh place on the world tally table with just 25,000 cases behind Italy.
Of the total cases 1,01,497 are active and 1,00,303 have been cured and discharged while 5,815 have died from the disease.
AdvertisementThe recovery rate in the country stood at 48.31 per cent while the fatality rate docked at 2.8 per cent.
Maharashtra reported a total of 72,300 cases so far -- almost 50,000 more than Tamil Nadu with 24,586 and Delhi 22,132.
Maharashtra has also reported the highest number of casualties -- 2,465, followed by Gujarat (1,092), Delhi (556) and Madhya Pradesh (364).
States that have reported more than 5,000 cases are Madhya Pradesh (8,420), Rajasthan (9,373), Uttar Pradesh (8,361) and West Bengal (6,168).
The Health Ministry on Tuesday said that India is far from COVID peak. ICMR official Nivedita Gupta, addressing a press conference, said: "We are very far away from the peak. Our preventive measures to curb the disease are very effective and we are better positioned in comparison with other countries. You will get to see the data in a week."
India so far has conducted a total of 41,03,233 tests and 1,37,158 samples were tested in the last 24 hours according to Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
AdvertisementThe global count reached 6.4 million and fatalities crossed 3 lakh after the first case was reported in China's Wuhan in mid December 2019. The US continues to top the chart reporting the highest cases, followed by Brazil and Russia that have overtaken Italy, the UK and Spain in just over a month.
Here are the latest number of cases across states as per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website.
|S. No.||Name of State / UT||Active Cases*||Cured/Discharged/Migrated*||Deaths**||Total Confirmed cases*|
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||0||33||0||33|
|8||Dadar Nagar Haveli||3||1||0||4|
|14||Jammu and Kashmir||1732||953||33||2718|
|36||Cases being reassigned to states||7123||0||0||7123|
List of coronavirus hotspot in Andhra Pradesh
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
List of coronavirus hotspot in mumbai
- Vivo S7t to come with Dimensity 820 processor soon, reveals report
- CBSE restructures affiliation system; process to be completely digital with least human intervention
- Chile jolted with two earthquakes, reports no casualties or damages
- One million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in India in just six days, says Health Ministry
- Google Drive becomes a goldmine for pirated, explicit content