This is how corporate India reacted to Modi’s stimulus package
- Prime Minister
Narendra Moditoday announced a ₹20 lakh crore stimulus package.
- That accounts for nearly 10% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Here’s how the business leaders reacted to the government’s initiative.
“This economic package is for the labourers of the country, who are working day and night for the citizens of India in every situation, every season. This economic package is for the middle class of our country, which pays taxes honestly and contributes to the development of the country. Such reforms will ensure that rural India stays free from the COVID crisis,” Modi said during his address to the nation.
Here’s how the business leaders reacted to the government’s initiative.
First Lives. Now Lives and Livelihood. Rs20 lakh crore to jumpstart the Indian economy. Incredibly bold move… https://t.co/gP7ozO0vBQ— Rajan Anandan (@RajanAnandan) 1589298571000
As i had earlier suggested, $200 Billion would be the right figure, thank you honorable PM @narendramodi ji. I hope… https://t.co/d0wwqBXGwj— Adar Poonawalla (@adarpoonawalla) 1589298162000
Two takeaways for me from the PM speech, besides the 20L crore package. We cannot be hostage to the virus and need… https://t.co/hckY08RbEu— Pawan K Goenka (@GoenkaPk) 1589297232000
PM Modi's emphatic message for India's recovery @,Covid 19 or Lockdown 4.0, is based on five pillars - Economy, i… https://t.co/Oehp1hGuZ7— CP Gurnani (@C_P_Gurnani) 1589298006000
The overarching principle of ‘self-reliance’ mentioned by @PMOIndia in the need of the hour. #AatmanirbharBharat is… https://t.co/KCKAUtHGjd— Anil Agarwal (@AnilAgarwal_Ved) 1589297929000
Love how @PMOIndia is making this moment, one of the biggest opportunity to make India leap forward ! मेरा भारत,… https://t.co/ByAQMPJOOg— Vijay Shekhar Sharma (@vijayshekhar) 1589295905000
Thank you Prime Minister for announcing this path breaking 20 Lakh Crore Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhyan financial packa… https://t.co/fFfPEZdYX4— Dr. Sangita Reddy (@drsangitareddy) 1589297869000
Stimulus aside, @narendramodi has raised expectations of an economic, regulatory reboot.If the delivery is even ha… https://t.co/mHDh4x7g7S— Gautam Chikermane (@gchikermane) 1589296634000
Modi's 'self-reliance' and 'local thrust' looks like a jab at China, sounds like RSS' 'swadeshi' — and it will be music to Baba Ramdev's ears
Narendra Modi announces a ₹20 lakh crore financial stimulus for a 'self reliant' India
- Trump executive order escalates war on social media platforms (2nd Ld)
- Trump signs executive order escalating war on Twitter, social media (Ld)
- Trump signs executive order targetting social media giants
- Odisha reports 67 new COVID-19 cases; total rises to 1,660
- Bihar reports 16th COVID-19 casualty; number of cases rises to 3,185
- Air travel Guidelines
- Covid-19 Drug
- Karnataka travel guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- COVID-19 infections
- Modi’s Stimulus Package
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra extends lockdown
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Mukesh Ambani
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines