India's love for biryani stays in top gear
- There has been a growth of 8.26% in
biryaniorders compared to the same period in 2022
- With over 6.2 million orders, 'Dum Biryani 'has emerged as the undisputed champion
- A biryani lover from Chennai spent an amount of Rs 31,532 on a single order
Ahead of International Biryani Day, celebrated on July 2 every year, online food delivery platform
When it comes to cities that truly appreciated the biryani experience, Bengaluru took the lead with nearly 24,000 biryani-serving restaurants, followed by Mumbai with over 22,000 and Delhi with over 20,000.
Swiggy's order analysis also revealed some interesting biryani ordering trends from the first half of 2023. In the last five and a half months, there has been a growth of 8.26% in biryani orders compared to the same period in 2022. While over 2.6 lakh restaurants across the country offer biryani through Swiggy, more than 28,000 thousand restaurants specialise solely in dishing out the biryani.
Hyderabad topped in biryani consumption, with 7.2 million orders placed through June of this year. Bengaluru came second with nearly 5 million orders, and Chennai came third with nearly 3 million orders, the company mentioned.
A biryani lover from Chennai spent an amount of Rs 31,532 on a single order. With nearly 85 variants and over 6.2 million orders, 'Dum Biryani 'has emerged as the undisputed champion. Biryani rice came in second with 3.5 million orders, while '
(Text inputs from IANS)
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season
- Shadowfax secures $100 mn in Series E funding led by TPG NewQuest