India reports 1.34 lakh new COVID-19 cases and 2,887 deaths in a day
On June 1, India reported 1,27,510 cases lowest since April 8. On April 8, India had recorded 1,31,968 cases while on April 7, the country witnessed 1,26,789 fresh cases.
Most Metro cities are still fighting the second wave, though Mumbai and Delhi have arrested the surge.
India's overall tally of COVID-19 cases now stands at 2,84,41,986 with 17,13,413 active cases and 3,37,989
According to the
The Health Ministry said that a total of 22,10,43,693 people have been vaccinated so far in the country, including 24,26,265 who were administered vaccines in the last 24 hours.
According to the
In the last three weeks, India has recorded over 80,000 deaths. On May 24, India crossed a grim milestone of three-lakh deaths due to the coronavirus infections, thus becoming world's third country after the US and Brazil to cross three-lakh deaths.
India registered record fatalities due to COVID on May 21 with 4,529 deaths -- the highest from Covid infection in any country in a day since the coronavirus outbreak was reported in China's Wuhan in December 2019. It surpassed 4,468 deaths in the US on January 12, and earlier 4,211 in Brazil on April 6.
After battling a brutal second wave for weeks, fresh COVID cases came down below the three lakh-mark for the first time on May 17 after touching record high of 4,14,188 on May 7.
OnePlus Nord CE 5G full specifications leaked days ahead of launch – heavily inspired by the original Nord
Five fintech ideas that are raking in the most amount of money
Reliance Industries, Rossari Biotech, Tata Power and other stocks to watch out for on June 3
Popular on BI
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts