Jack Ma finally puts India on his list, donates medical supplies to Indian Red Cross Society
AlibabaChairman Jack Mahas been donating medical suppliesto countries across the world.
- India was a part of a seven-country batch including Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
- These seven countries will receive a total of 1.7 million face masks and 165,000 test kits.
Now, Ma has finally sent supplies to India. In the last few months, he has sent them to America, Italy, and Asian countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
When Ma had announced his supply to the Asian countries, many questioned why the Chinese billionaire was not sending help to India.
AdvertisementHowever, India was a part of a seven-country batch including Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. These seven countries will receive a total of 1.7 million face masks, 165,000 test kits as well as protective clothing and medical equipment such as ventilators and forehead thermometer.
On Sunday (March 29), the medical supplies were accepted by the Indian Red Cross Society.
“To supplement the efforts of the government, Indian Red Cross has mobilised the first tranche of supplies consisting of facemasks, protective body suits and essential medical equipment. This consignment, which was received last night, has been donated by Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation”, said R K Jain, IAS (Rtd), Secretary General, Indian Red Cross.
With this, Ma has donated 7.4 million masks; 485,000 test kits; 100,000 sets of protective clothing to 23 Asian countries alone.
Ma recently joined Twitter to share with the world his experiences from the Coronavirus crisis which crippled China. He has also published a handbook for hospitals to tackle COVID-19.
I need your help to share this handbook quickly to hospitals, doctors, nurses and anyone who needs to know around t… https://t.co/5X1K5Kj01L— Jack Ma (@JackMa) 1584499093000
Jack Ma Foundation, Alibaba Foundation along with the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, established the Global MediXchange for Combating COVID-19 (GMCC) programme. Alibaba Cloud Intelligence and Alibaba Health had also supported the programme.
Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma published a handbook for hospitals to tackle Coronavirus
- Former Paytm Money CEO launches his own financial services platform with an investment from Mirae, and several other major startup founders
- A candid Kavin Mittal admits his mistakes as he reinvents Hike and plans fresh fundraising this year
- CarbonWatch — India’s first mobile app to calculate your carbon footprint falls short of its promises
- Reddit recovers from a major outage as GameStop shares soar over 100%
- Nureca stocks debut on bourses at 59% premium over IPO price