Jack Ma finally puts India on his list, donates medical supplies to Indian Red Cross Society
AlibabaChairman Jack Mahas been donating medical suppliesto countries across the world.
- India was a part of a seven-country batch including Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
- These seven countries will receive a total of 1.7 million face masks and 165,000 test kits.
AdvertisementChinese billionaire and Alibaba Chairman Jack Ma has been donating medical supplies to countries around the world, after China learnt its lessons from the deadly
Now, Ma has finally sent supplies to India. In the last few months, he has sent them to America, Italy, and Asian countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
When Ma had announced his supply to the Asian countries, many questioned why the Chinese billionaire was not sending help to India.
However, India was a part of a seven-country batch including Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. These seven countries will receive a total of 1.7 million face masks, 165,000 test kits as well as protective clothing and medical equipment such as ventilators and forehead thermometer.
On Sunday (March 29), the medical supplies were accepted by the Indian Red Cross Society.
“To supplement the efforts of the government, Indian Red Cross has mobilised the first tranche of supplies consisting of facemasks, protective body suits and essential medical equipment. This consignment, which was received last night, has been donated by Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation”, said R K Jain, IAS (Rtd), Secretary General, Indian Red Cross.
With this, Ma has donated 7.4 million masks; 485,000 test kits; 100,000 sets of protective clothing to 23 Asian countries alone.
Ma recently joined Twitter to share with the world his experiences from the Coronavirus crisis which crippled China. He has also published a handbook for hospitals to tackle COVID-19.
I need your help to share this handbook quickly to hospitals, doctors, nurses and anyone who needs to know around t… https://t.co/5X1K5Kj01L— Jack Ma (@JackMa) 1584499093000
AdvertisementJack Ma Foundation, Alibaba Foundation along with the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, established the Global MediXchange for Combating COVID-19 (GMCC) programme. Alibaba Cloud Intelligence and Alibaba Health had also supported the programme.
Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma published a handbook for hospitals to tackle Coronavirus
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- Over 100 websites blocked for facilitating organised illegal investments
- WagonR to Creta – Top selling cars in India in November
- Bollywood royalty shine at star-studded premiere of 'The Archies'
- Chatbots hallucinate and get confused, says Jio Haptik which is ‘training’ them
- Hindustan Zinc board approves dividend of Rs 2,535.19 crore