Jack Ma finally puts India on his list, donates medical supplies to Indian Red Cross Society
AlibabaChairman Jack Mahas been donating medical suppliesto countries across the world.
- India was a part of a seven-country batch including Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
- These seven countries will receive a total of 1.7 million face masks and 165,000 test kits.
Now, Ma has finally sent supplies to India. In the last few months, he has sent them to America, Italy, and Asian countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
When Ma had announced his supply to the Asian countries, many questioned why the Chinese billionaire was not sending help to India.
AdvertisementHowever, India was a part of a seven-country batch including Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. These seven countries will receive a total of 1.7 million face masks, 165,000 test kits as well as protective clothing and medical equipment such as ventilators and forehead thermometer.
On Sunday (March 29), the medical supplies were accepted by the Indian Red Cross Society.
“To supplement the efforts of the government, Indian Red Cross has mobilised the first tranche of supplies consisting of facemasks, protective body suits and essential medical equipment. This consignment, which was received last night, has been donated by Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation”, said R K Jain, IAS (Rtd), Secretary General, Indian Red Cross.
With this, Ma has donated 7.4 million masks; 485,000 test kits; 100,000 sets of protective clothing to 23 Asian countries alone.
Ma recently joined Twitter to share with the world his experiences from the Coronavirus crisis which crippled China. He has also published a handbook for hospitals to tackle COVID-19.
I need your help to share this handbook quickly to hospitals, doctors, nurses and anyone who needs to know around t… https://t.co/5X1K5Kj01L— Jack Ma (@JackMa) 1584499093000
Jack Ma Foundation, Alibaba Foundation along with the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, established the Global MediXchange for Combating COVID-19 (GMCC) programme. Alibaba Cloud Intelligence and Alibaba Health had also supported the programme.
Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma published a handbook for hospitals to tackle Coronavirus
- Gurugram: 267 fined for flouting pollution norms, Rs 57L collected
- New immigration rules: Visa applications open under UK's post-Brexit 'simple' points-based system
- Bata names Sandeep Kataria as its global CEO — the first Indian to lead the 126-year old footwear giant worldwide
- Serum Institute claims that its COVID vaccine is safe and that it has a clean chit from the authorities for Covishield
- After Delhi, Gujarat reduces COVID-19 test prices to ₹800 from ₹1,500 for private labs