List of Coronavirus hotspots in Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh government has identified 133 containment zones across 13 districts in the state.
- The majority of the containment zones have been declared in Nellore.
- The government will keep a close eye on these containment zones and prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
AdvertisementThe Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a special address to the nation on April 14 announced the extension of the nationwide lockdown to May 3. He also announced that the government will keep a close eye on the
The Prime Minister added that the government will enforce strict measures to contain the virus in these hotspots. Areas that do not report any new Coronavirus cases till April 20 may see some easing of restrictions. However, if any new Coronavirus case is reported after the restrictions are eased, a complete lockdown will be enforced again in those areas.
Andhra Pradesh has reported 483 Coronavirus cases in the state till April 14 and a majority of the cases are linked to the Tablighi Jamaat event that was held in Nizamuddin.
AdvertisementWhat does a containment zone mean?
A containment zone is created around a containment cluster where multiple cases of Coronavirus have been reported. A 3-kilometer radius surrounding the cluster is identified as a containment zone.
In situations where the virus is suspected to spread easily, an additional buffer zone of 5 kilometers in urban areas and 7 kilometers in rural areas will be created.
The containment zones are completely sealed, and only medical and government personnel are allowed to come out in these areas. The movement of all vehicles is restricted, and all roads have been put under police surveillance.
Andhra Pradesh government announces 133 containment zones
The Andhra Pradesh government has identified several hotspots or containment zones to control the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic. So far, 133 containment zones have been identified across 13 districts in the state. Out of the 13 districts, Nellore has the highest containment zones at 30.
The containment zones in Andhra Pradesh have been identified in Anantapur, Chittoor, East Godavari, Guntur, Kadapa, Krishna, Kurnool, Nellore, Prakasam, Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and West Godavari.
List of Coronavirus hotspots in Telangana
TCS, Cognizant, Capgemini and other top giants who are not letting go of their new hires
Coronavirus News and Updates
- Commercial flights from Bareilly airport expected to start by December
- Arvind Kejriwal launches ‘Green Delhi’ app — Here’s how to download and use the application
- New air pollution laws in Delhi-NCR — Non-compliance could lead to ₹1 crore fine, 5 years in jail
- WPP won $1.6 billion worth of new business in Q3
- Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel dead