Most Indians get at least five spam calls per day and this is how they are handling them
- Indians get the highest number of
spam callseveryday as people try to sell either financial or property related services.
- People handle pesky or spam calls by picking the call and then either blocking the caller or telling them not to call again, says
- Only 1% of the respondents mentioned that they don’t get such calls.
AdvertisementIndia is one of the most spammed countries in the world. Almost every Indian receives pesky or promotional calls on a daily basis, claims caller ID app
They experience a flurry of spam SMSes or calls from banks, insurance brokers, car dealers, property agents and lately income opportunities - all being offered via the phone.
To tackle this problem, 14% of the Indians use a caller identification app that helps them recognise who is calling them and avoid, if it’s spam, as per a new LocalCircles survey.
But 42% of them prefer to pick the calls and later block these spammers. While 21% of them say that they pick such calls and ask them not to ring them again.
The survey received over 37,000 responses from citizens residing across 37 districts of India, including tier 1,2,3 and 4 cities, and rural districts.
“On an aggregate basis, the top-2 ways Indians handle pesky or spam calls is by picking the call and then either blocking the caller or telling them not to call again,” says the survey.
Subscribing to DND list is also not helping
Around 95% people who subscribe to TRAI’s ‘
Only 5% of the respondents said that they don’t receive such calls after registering themselves for DND.
When asked about what type of calls they receive, 51% of people said that they get pesky phone calls from someone who is trying to sell them a financial service or a property.
Around 8% of them receive sales calls from healthcare or pathology services. A select few also get calls offering them jobs and ‘new earning opportunities’.
Indians get 6-10 pesky calls per day
AdvertisementAbout 18% of the respondents get 6-10 pesky or unwanted calls per day, while 37% get 3-5 of them. Only 1% of the respondents said that they don’t get a spam call on a daily basis, as per the survey.
Ethos IPO: Understanding its business, profit, outlook, analysts view in 10 points
Here are the top cryptos losers that have reported the highest decline in the last 7 days
Popular on BI
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger