Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise after a two-day pause in metro cities
The price of petrol in
The fuel prices remained static on Monday and Tuesday, but had risen for four straight days by 35 paise per litre each before (October 13-16. There was no change in rates on October 12 and 13.
AdvertisementDiesel prices have increased on 20 out of the last 26 days taking up its retail price by ₹6.30 per litre in Delhi.
With diesel prices rising sharply, the fuel is now available at over ₹100 a litre in several parts of the country. This dubious distinction was earlier available to petrol that had crossed ₹100 a litre-mark across the country a few months earlier.
Crude prices have been on a surge rising over a three-year high level of over $ 85 a barrel now. It had softened a bit falling below $ 85 a barrel now. Since September 5, when both petrol and diesel prices were revised, the prices of both in the international market was higher by around $9-10 per barrel as compared to average prices during August.
IPO-bound Pine Labs appoints former Flipkart, PayPal exec Phanimohan Kalagara as CTO
Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
Popular on BI
- Route Mobile is eyeing the Latin America market to bump up its global presence
- Top smartwatches with always-on display in India
- Biometric devices for convenient identity authentication
- Best inkjet printers for business needs in India
- J&K has highest share of 5 per cent budget allocation in health sector across country: LG