PM Modi promises to ‘please everyone’ with his stimulus package
PM Modisaid he has tried to focus on everyone in this package to make India a self-reliant country.
- According to Modi, the financial package is going to boost the efficiency of all industries across the country.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is likely to share more details about the package on May 12.
AdvertisementPrime Minister Narendra Modi on May 12 announced a whopping ₹20 lakh crore package for Indians affected by coronavirus.
PM Modi said he has tried to focus on everyone in this package to make India a self-reliant country, while adding that the package is for labourers, farmers, honest taxpayers, MSMEs, cottage industry etc.
He said it is for those “who work day and night” for the country in every situation. He also dedicated the package to the middle-class taxpayers of the country “who contribute to the development of the country.”
Modi said the stimulus package was designed keeping in mind factors like Land, labour, liquidity and laws. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is likely to share more details on the package soon.
आत्मनिर्भर भारत के संकल्प को सिद्ध करने के लिए,इस पैकेज मेंLand,Labour,Liquidityऔर Laws,सभी पर बल दिया गया… https://t.co/Nu2Cg4xjYV— PMO India (@PMOIndia) 1589295108000
According to Modi, the financial package is going to boost the efficiency of all industries across the country.
Moreover, PM Modi said the package will also make way for a ‘Make in India’ boom. “India has resources and talent, it will make the best products, improve quality and supply chain,” he said during his address to the nation.
SEE ALSO: Lockdown 4.0 will have new characteristics and rules and they will be released before May 18, says Prime Minister Modi
Narendra Modi announces a ₹20 lakh crore financial stimulus for a self reliant India
Popular on BI
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips