Swiggy plays matchmaker for singles with similar food tastes
Tips Industries Limited
Swiggyhas released a YouTube show where it sets up blind dates between singles, who connected with their ideal match by bonding over their Swiggy orders.
- Swiggy matches people on the basis of their comfort food, revenge food, first-date dishes to mid-night cravings.
- The show is divided into three segments - ‘Order Order’, ‘Let’s Ketchup’, and ‘Plating The Date’.
AdvertisementBonding with someone over your favorite dish can be one of the best icebreakers. And it looks like Swiggy, one of
Produced by media and entertainment agency Only Much Louder (OML) Entertainment, the two-episode-long show sets up blind dates between singles, allowing them to connect with their ideal match by bonding over their order history on Swiggy.
According to Tinder Year in Swipe Report 2022, young singles in India are opting for coffee dates, stand ups, picnics, and cooking as ideal dating activities.
There were increased mentions of "picnic" (15%), 'stand up" (10%) and “coffee dates” (26%) in
‘Plate Date’ featured one protagonist and four contenders engaging in conversations around their favorite food picks and restaurants, informs Swiggy.
Swiggy shared that the show is divided into three segments - the first one was called ‘Order Order’, the second ‘Let’s Ketchup’, while the third was titled ‘Plating The Date’. With each progressing segment, the protagonist has to eliminate potential matches based on their order history and food preferences.
“Rooted in an insight that hits home instantly - food connects people, ‘Plate Date’ is a fun blend of real people, real conversations, real connections,” Devarshi Shah, Sr VP and business head-Branded Content Division,
From comfort food to revenge food, first-date dishes to mid-night cravings, the show took all types of orders into account when matching people’s ‘food horoscope’, revealed Swiggy. The online delivery company plans to upload the next episode within the next week, making it a two-episode show.
“Combining this love for food with dating, Swiggy created a new series called Plate Date that's exciting and relatable to millennials and
The online food delivery market is expected to reach ₹1,845.76 billion by the end of 2027, expanding at a
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: Heartbreak songs are still hot favourites: Top 10 songs Indian singles are streaming on Tinder
From hiking to board games: Tinder reveals 10 most popular dating activities in 2022
WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media