Here’s what Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission’s scan and share OPD registration service means—how to avail its benefits
Ayushman Bharat Digital Missionaims to create India's digital health ecosystem
- ABDM introduced QR Code based quick
OPD registration service.
- The OPD registration service, which helped 2200 patients with a quick registration in October 2022 has now helped more than 1 lakh patients.
- Check out the post below to learn more about Scan & Share OPD registration service and how it works.
AdvertisementThe National Health Authority's scheme Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is an initiative that lets patients do
This initiative is to ensure quick registration and reduce waiting time during rush hours. Also, it ensures a seamless process without making patients stand in queues. According to the PIB Delhi, support personnel were posted at the hospital to help the patients understand the steps and benefits of using this service.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission facilitates Quick OPD registration in hospitals through Scan and Share serviceMor… https://t.co/xyzpuONTf8— PIB India (@PIB_India) 1671604839000
According to the PIB Delhi, the service started from Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC) & Smt. Sucheta Kriplani Hospital (SSKH) in New Delhi in October 2022. Within 75 days of its launch, the Scan and Share service has already helped more than 1 lakh patients.
Talking about the service, Dr. R. S. Sharma, CEO of, NHA said – “Under ABDM, we’re building inter-operability and promoting ease in healthcare delivery processes. The Scan & Share functionality is one such feature that is helping thousands of patients in India daily. Our team works closely with different hospitals across the country to implement this instant registration service. By simple inter-operability between the user’s selected application and the HMIS at participating health facilities, both the hospitals and patients are able to benefit.”
The service is now adopted in 200+ health facilities across 18 states in India and has been seen as effective in saving patients' time and efforts by enabling instant registration for OPD consultations.
What is the Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) number, and how to create it?
ABHA is a 14-digit number that uniquely identifies you as a participant in India's digital healthcare ecosystem. You can create the ABHA number using your Aadhaar card or driving license from- https://healthid.abdm.gov.in/register
Having your own ABHA number makes registrations hassle-free, ensures easy sign-up for personal health records, and links all healthcare benefits under one head.
Here's how the Scan and Share service works:
- Patients need to log in to health applications like the Arogya Setu app, Bajaj Health, ABHA app, and more.
- The patients need to simply scan the QR Code and share their Ayushman Bharat Health Account(ABHA) or ABHA number profile with the hospital.
- The personal details of the patient like name, age, gender, guardian’s name, address, mobile number, and others are then shared with the respective Hospital Management Information System and hence ends the process of digital registration.
- The patient can now just collect their outpatient slip and visit the doctor.
SRK, Rajnikanth, Ranveer Singh set to fire up the silver screens in 2023: Here are the most-anticipated upcoming Indian movie releases
From Arijit Singh’s songs to Monika Patidar’s podcast — here’s what Indians listened to in 2022 on JioSaavn
Popular on BI
- Fuel your morning: Wholesome South Indian breakfast ideas for health
- Vodafone Idea shares tumble 14%, mcap erodes ₹10,806.7 cr
- National parties declare income of ₹3,077 cr in 2022-23; BJP has highest share
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- Multiplexes' revenue growth to dip to 15% in FY25 as OTTs crimp profit margins