Inside the ultra-elite Explorers Club that counts Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and James Cameron as members
- The Explorers Club is an ultra-elite club in New York that serves as a meeting place for explorers, scientists, and the moneyed-elite who fund expeditions.
- Its members include astronaut Buzz Aldrin, President Teddy Roosevelt, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and film director James Cameron.
- The Manhattan clubhouse is filled with priceless artifacts and ancient documents.
World history is full of secret clubs with elite members, like the Freemasons and the Illuminati. Shrouded in mystery, these clubs become the stuff of legend. Advertisement
In a lavish Upper Manhattan townhouse lies the headquarters of a legendary, though far less secretive society - The Explorers Club.
Founded in 1904, The Explorers Club is a professional society that serves as a meeting place for explorers, scientists, and just about anyone with an interest in scientific exploration. The Explorers Club funds, promotes, and assists in expeditions around the world.The club's current and historical members include astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, film director James Cameron, Space-X and Tesla founder Elon Musk, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, President Teddy Roosevelt, and aviator Charles Lindbergh.
The Explorers Club invited Business Insider in 2014 to take an exclusive look inside the historic club.
- Noida: 64 people arrested, 1,904 vehicles penalised for violating COVID-19 curbs
- Employ youths who returned due to lockdown in construction of AIIMS in Assam: Sonowal to contractor
- COVID-19 tally in Nashik goes beyond 7,000-mark; deaths 332
- Pune records highest single-day spike of 1,088 COVID-19 cases
- Maha BJP chief alleges corruption in COVID-19 fight in state