15 comforting meals Business Insider editors and reporters are cooking at home - plus the cookware and tools we use to make them perfect
Ellen Hoffman/Business Insider
- As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, we're spending more time at home. For the cooks and bakers of Insider Reviews, that time is concentrated in our kitchens, where we're making new recipes and falling back on old favorites.
- We're making hearty dinners, melt-in-your-mouth pastries, and everything in between and showing you the best kitchen tools to make them (hint: Dutch ovens feature prominently).
- We hope our pictures and recipe recommendations can give you some inspiration as you get well-acquainted with your stove and oven.
There's a special feeling of satisfaction that comes with making your own food. Maybe it's the knowledge that if you follow the authoritative steps of a recipe, you'll probably end up with an appetizing dish. Or if you prefer to play the process by ear (and taste), it's the creative and experimental liberties you can take with any type of food and cuisine. Either way, for many of us, cooking is as much about the process as it is about the final product.
During the coronavirus situation, many of us, like you, are indoors abiding by social distancing and stay-at-home rules. We're doing what we can to make the best of this stressful period in our lives, from keeping busy with productive activities to taking the time to take care of ourselves.
Cooking and baking are a couple of pastimes that help you do both - after you chop, knead, stir, and simmer away, there's a tangible and delicious result to satiate you, and then there's also the undeniable comfort of digging into a saucy pasta dish or warm, melty cookie.
Many of us at Insider Reviews have been cooking and baking more at home, and we want to share our recipes and creations with you. We'll show you how we make these entrees, desserts, and pastries, and we'll also highlight for you the essential products that helped make them shine.
My biggest takeaway? Get a Dutch oven. Dutch ovens feature prominently as the must-have piece of cookware for many of our resident home cooks, and as you'll see, they can be used in many different ways. If the enthusiasm below is any indication, you won't regret the investment.
Join Insider Reviews in cooking and baking these 15 delicious recipes:
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caramelized shallot pasta
Garlicky Cuban pork
Summer corn with chorizo and scallops
Berry crinkle cookies
Chocolate chip muffins
New York-style bagels
Tater tot chicken pot hotdish
Banana chocolate chip muffins
Sausage and veggie sweet potato hash
Protein pancakes with chia, hemp hearts, and strawberries
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Delhi Metro launches WhatsApp-based ticketing service on Airport Line
- Fintech unicorn Taxfix lays off 120 employees to cut costs
- Not found sufficient evidence to arrest Brij Bhushan: Delhi Police
- Best Agrolife's Revenue Crosses ₹1,700 Cr., EBITDA Margin Reaches 18%, and 30% Dividend Recommended in FY23
- Four out of 10 Adani group companies report a fall in profit in FY23