6 students at a California elementary school were taken to the hospital after eating cannabis-laced Cheetos: report
studentswere taken to the hospital after ingesting marijuana-laced Cheetosat an elementary school.
- California officials said a student shared the snack at school but was unaware they were laced.
Six students were taken to the hospital after eating cannabis-laced Cheetos at a California elementary school on Thursday, several outlets reported.
KTLA reported that deputies from the Riverside County Sheriff's Department responded to a call about students suffering from food-related illnesses at Enchanted Elementary School in Perris, California, at around 11:30 a.m..
An investigation showed that a student brought the snack into school and shared it with classmates. The student was unaware it was laced with
Raquel Miranda told CBS LA that her 9-year-old daughter Davina, who ingested the snack, was dizzy afterward. Her throat and stomach also hurt.
"I'm like these don't taste right. Then I smelled it, little specks of green on it," Davina told the outlet.
Davina told CBS LA that the girl who brought in the snacks might have known they were laced.
"I went up to her and I was like, 'What are these?' and she was like, 'Don't tell anyone, but I put something in these,' and then my friend asked her if she put something in these and she said, 'No, no. I didn't,' changing her answer," Davina said.
The Sheriff's Department told KTLA that this was an isolated incident.
"At this time there are no reasons parents and students should continue to be concerned," the department added.
The incident follows several others where students ingested laced food without their knowledge. Last month, a Virginia daycare owner was charged after three toddlers ate THC-laced goldfish crackers, and
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World