A Bangladeshi boy was playing when he got locked in a shipping container. He woke up in Malaysia nearly a week later.
- A Bangladeshi boy was locked in a shipping container for days, the Malaysian National News Agency said.
- Fahim, 15, ended up in Malaysia after a six-day journey without food or water, reports said.
A teenager from Bangladesh was accidentally locked in a container and shipped to a different country.
Fifteen-year-old Fahim, identified only by his first name, was discovered in a shipping container in West Port, Malaysia, after the ship he was on journeyed six days from Chittagong, Bangladesh, according to Malaysian National News Agency Bernama.
"The boy was just believed to have entered the container, fell asleep, and found himself here," Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said, according to the news agency. "He was the only one found in the container. A police report was lodged and as he was having a fever."
The Times of India reported that Fahim was playing hide and seek, hid in the container, and got locked inside.
On Reddit, a viral video showed the child being discovered in the container, disoriented and confused after days without food or water. The video showed authorities taking him away on a stretcher.
Ismail added that Fahim received a medical exam and that "the authorities are in the process of repatriating him through the legal channel."
"The relevant authorities have investigated the case and their investigations found no elements of human trafficking," Ismail said, according to Bernama.
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley