A Capitol rioter who pleaded guilty this week compared January 6 to a 'modern day Boston Massacre' and said Ashli Babbitt was 'viciously assassinated'
- A Tennessee man who entered the Capitol compared the attack to the historic Boston Massacre.
- "Trump Lives Matter," he wrote on Facebook, prosecutors said, in reference to Ashli Babbitt's death.
A Tennessee man who prosecutors say entered the Capitol on
The day after the attack, Clifford Meteer wrote on Facebook he had been "right there" when "our honored veteran was viciously assassinated," according to court documents seen by Insider. He was referring to the death of QAnon supporter and Iraq War veteran Ashli Babbitt, who was shot in her left shoulder by a cop as she tried to climb through a door in the Capitol.
"I was there. No riot. Trump Lives Matter," Meteer wrote in a Facebook comment before making his remark about Babbitt.
"Dems protest by looting Walmart; reps protest by 'petitioning' Congress. And their answer is a modern-day Boston Massacre," he continued, referencing the deadly confrontation between American colonists and British soldiers on March 5, 1770.
Meteer also said there was "no violence" and "no destruction" at the Capitol on January 6, despite five people dying at the insurrection.
Meteer was identified several times by the
The FBI arrested him on August 10, 2021, and found 10 firearms with ammunition in his home — an assortment of shotguns, handguns, bolt action rifles, and revolvers, per court filings.
A criminal complaint filed against him by the FBI in August sought to press four different charges related to his entering of the Capitol grounds, but a guilty plea agreement signed by Meteer mentioned only the sole count of parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building, according to court documents filed last week.
He faces up to six months in prison and must pay $500 in restitution for damage to the Capitol.
- Malaysia cuts chicken exports as food nationalism spreads across Asia
- Meta brings updated 3D avatars across Facebook, Messenger and Instagram — here’s how to use them
- SpiceJet flights delayed after ransomware attack; passengers told it’s a server issue
- Nothing Phone (1) design and features revealed by founder Carl Pei ahead of the launch
- Indian rural healthcare centres are so few and so burdened that people are avoiding them
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction