A Chicago couple posted a $240 invoice to their 'no call, no show' guests who didn't attend their destination wedding
- A couple posted a $240 invoice for their guests who failed to show up to their wedding.
- The viral bill shows the costs of the missing guests' "individual seats."
- The groom told Insider they didn't actually send the bill but it did make a few people apologize.
A couple posted an invoice online to their guests who RSVPed but did not show up to their destination wedding.
The invoice charged the "no call, no show" guest $240 for failing to show up to the couple's reception in Jamaica. A photo of the bill shared by Philip Lewis, a senior front-page editor for HuffPost, garnered mixed reactions from people on Twitter last week.
-philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) August 24, 2021
"This invoice is being sent to you because you confirmed seat(s) at the wedding reception during the Final Headcount," the invoice says. "The amount above is the cost of your individual seats. Because you didn't call or give us proper notice that you wouldn't be in attendance, this amount is what you owe us for paying for your seat(s) in advance."
The New York Post identified the couple as Doug Simmons and Dedra McGee from Chicago. Simmons had originally posted the bill on Facebook with the hashtag #PETTYPOST, and told Insider he never delivered it.
"I've never had to send it out because just them [the missing guests] seeing it alone on Facebook brought about guilt," Simmons told Insider on Monday. "You don't have to always do stuff for people, but the fact that you put it out there and they saw it, that's when they came running and say, 'Hey, you know, I apologize.'"
Simmons said the situation was less about the money and more about not getting a heads-up that the guests - and their plus-ones - weren't going to attend.
"Four times we asked, 'Are you available to come, can you make it?,' and they kept saying 'Yes,'" Simmons told the Post. "We had to pay in advance for Jamaica - this was a destination wedding."
Editor's Note: This story was updated after Simmons told Insider they didn't actually send guests the invoice, just posted it on Facebook.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry