A husband went for a 280-mile walk to calm down after an argument with his wife. He then got fined for breaching coronavirus lockdown regulations.
- An unnamed Italian husband walked 280 miles to calm down after arguing with his wife.
- He was hiking for a week before the police found him.
Italyhas a strict curfew between 10 pm and 5 am. The man was fined for breaching this regulation.
- The man was "a little tired" but otherwise healthy, according to the Italian newspaper il Resto del Carlino.
An unnamed Italian man hiked for a week in an attempt to calm himself down after arguing with his wife.
The 48-year-old left Como, in the north of Italy, and traveled 280 miles south over a period of a week.
He walked about 40 miles a day in an attempt to soothe his anger, according to the Independent.
Eventually, the man reached Fano - a beach resort on the Adriatic coast.
Across Italy, current lockdown regulations mean that a nationwide curfew is in place between 10 pm and 5 am.
The police, performing a standard search for rule-breakers, came across the man at roughly 2 am.
They questioned him and were reportedly shocked to discover that he'd covered such a distance.
After inputting his details into a database, the police confirmed that his wife had reported him missing.
Subsequently, they fined him €400 ($485) for breaching the curfew. They then put him up in a hotel, according to the Italian newspaper il Resto del Carlino.
Despite traveling such a great distance on foot, the man was not injured. He told the paper: "I'm fine. I'm just a little tired."
He also revealed that, during his journey, strangers offered him food and drinks.
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared