A husband went for a 280-mile walk to calm down after an argument with his wife. He then got fined for breaching coronavirus lockdown regulations.
- An unnamed Italian husband walked 280 miles to calm down after arguing with his wife.
- He was hiking for a week before the police found him.
Italyhas a strict curfew between 10 pm and 5 am. The man was fined for breaching this regulation.
- The man was "a little tired" but otherwise healthy, according to the Italian newspaper il Resto del Carlino.
An unnamed Italian man hiked for a week in an attempt to calm himself down after arguing with his wife.
The 48-year-old left Como, in the north of Italy, and traveled 280 miles south over a period of a week.He walked about 40 miles a day in an attempt to soothe his anger, according to the Independent.
Across Italy, current lockdown regulations mean that a nationwide curfew is in place between 10 pm and 5 am.The police, performing a standard search for rule-breakers, came across the man at roughly 2 am.
They questioned him and were reportedly shocked to discover that he'd covered such a distance.After inputting his details into a database, the police confirmed that his wife had reported him missing. Subsequently, they fined him €400 ($485) for breaching the curfew. They then put him up in a hotel, according to the Italian newspaper il Resto del Carlino.
Despite traveling such a great distance on foot, the man was not injured. He told the paper: "I'm fine. I'm just a little tired."
He also revealed that, during his journey, strangers offered him food and drinks.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry