A man lost his wallet while working in Antarctica. It was returned to him more than 50 years later.
- Paul Grisham's
walletwas missing for so long at the bottom of the world he forgot all about it.
- He joined the
Navyin 1948 and sent to Antarctica to work as a meteorologist for 13 months.
- The wallet was returned to him by a father-daughter duo and a veteran's tribute organization.
Grisham, 91, joined the Navy in 1948 and worked as a weather technician before being shipped to the frozen continent to work as a meteorologist.
After five decades, Grisham was reunited with his wallet - which he forgot all about.
"I was just blown away," Grisham told The San Diego Union-Tribune after the wallet was returned on March 31. "There was a long series of people involved who tracked me down and ran me to ground."
Inside the wallet were Grisham's navy ID, driving license, a beer ration punch card, a recipe, a tax withholding statement, and receipts for money orders sent to his wife.
The recovered billfold was found by Stephen Decato and his daughter Sarah Lindbergh, both of New Hampshire, and Bruce McKee of the Indiana Spirit of '45 nonprofit foundation, according to the Guardian.
Decato found the bracelet in a shop and bought it. With the help of his daughter, he found McKee's organization and saw an online post to help find the owner. Soon after, Grisham and his wallet were together again.
Grisham told the Union-Tribune that his time in Antarctica was "unusual and memorable." The temperature in the winter months would drop as low as -65 degrees.
"Let me just say this, if I took a can of soda pop and set it outside on the step, if I didn't retrieve it in 14 minutes it would pop open because it had frozen," Grisham told the outlet.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons