A new airline was launched exclusively for influencers and content creators — and it's flying them for free to Coachella with champagne and post-festival IV drips
- A new airline has been launched exclusively for content creators and
- Willa Air, launched by fintech startup Willa, is set to first fly influencers to
CoachellaValley this month.
Oh, the Instagram of it all.
A new "airline" has launched that's designed specifically for content creators and influencers called Willa Air. Its inaugural flight will be roundtrip travel for 12 influencers from Los Angeles to Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival later this month. Passengers can expect to be pampered with everything from pre-flight champagne to post-festival IV drips and massages.
Launched by the payment platform Willa, Willa Air — which is actually just one private jet — is now welcoming applications online. The application asks for nothing more than your name, TikTok, and Instagram handles. Contestants be warned: You'll need to have your own Coachella ticket and you must be vaccinated to take the flight.
According to the website, winners "will be picked based on several factors, and priority consideration will be given to creators who are or become Willa users and use the app to send approved invoices."e site.
"We launched Willa Air to provide superfast and convenient travel for the content creators who are jetting off to events across the US. Naturally, we are launching during this huge, creator-fueled weekend in Coachella Valley, one of the biggest influencer events of the year," Aron Levin, Willa's co-founder and chief marketing officer said in a statement.
According to the company's website, it also plans to fly influencers to New York Fashion Week in September.
Winners for the Coachella flight will be announced on April 11.
Insider has reached out to Willa Air for comment.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Coal India OFS: Institutional buyers portion oversubscribed but stock falls
- Looking for a date? Meme, playlist sharing may be the key to success
- Maruti Suzuki sales rise 10% in May as SUV sales make a turnaround
- IPL nail biters, munchies and the demand for ‘sides’
- White collar hiring activity flat in May, IT sector's woes continue: Report