A North Carolina woman gave birth to her daughter and won $100,000 lottery a few hours later: 'I'm so thankful'
- A North Carolina woman had a baby and won the lottery on the same day.
- Hours after she delivered her daughter, she won $100,000, officials said.
A North Carolina woman delivered her baby and won a $100,000 lottery just hours apart.
Brenda Gomez Hernandez, 28, purchased her $3 Quick Pick ticket from a convenience store in Concord, about 25 miles from Charlotte, according to the state lottery. She told officials that she used her son's birthdays as her numbers for the game.
Per the NC Education Lottery, she "matched numbers on four white balls and the Powerball to win $50,000 in the Nov. 9 drawing. The prize doubled to $100,000 when the 2X Power Play multiplier hit."
And not too long before, she had delivered a baby girl, according to the NC Education Lottery.
—NC Education Lottery (@nclottery) December 1, 2022
"I feel like she brought me my luck," Hernandez told lottery officials. "I'm so thankful."
According to the lottery, Hernandez collected her prize from the headquarters and walked away with $65,015 after tax. She plans on using the money to pay for her house.
- Union Budget 2023: National Digital Library is government’s tech solution to provide education to all
- Best 43-inch smart TVs under ₹30,000 for 2023
- Best Wi-Fi routers under ₹1500 in India for 2023
- After iPhones, Apple reportedly starts manufacturing components for AirPods in India
- Budget 2023-24 highlights: No income tax for those who earn below ₹7 lakh/year under the new tax regime