Amazon is ending its paid COVID-19 sick leave policy for workers
Amazonis ending its paid time off policy for US employees diagnosed with COVID-19.
- The company told employees on Saturday that workers with COVID-19 will receive up to five days of excused, unpaid time.
Amazon announced to its employees on Saturday that the company is ending its paid time off policy for employees with COVID-19 and is "returning to standard
Amazon employees in the US will now receive up to five days of excused, unpaid time after receiving a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, according to the company announcement that was viewed by Insider.
As of early January, Amazon had offered employees up to one full week of
An Amazon spokesperson told Insider that "employees are still able to use their sick time if needed as well."
Amazon will also no longer excuse any time for employees who are waiting for test results given that rapid testing is "widely available," according to the announcement to employees.
In its announcement to employees on Saturday, Amazon said it was changing several of its COVID-19 policies as part of "our safe return to normal where we can."
"The sustained easing of the pandemic, ongoing availability of COVID-19 vaccines and treatments, and updated guidance from public health authorities, all signal we can continue to safely adjust to our pre-COVID policies," the company said.
Amazon also announced it was ending its vaccine incentives and discontinuing its practice of sending site-wide notifications of positive COVID-19 cases in its facilities, unless required by law.
The policy changes come amid a recent push for unionization at some Amazon warehouses, where workers have sought better working conditions, including pay, safety improvements, and benefits like sick leave.
Just one day prior to Saturday's announcement, an Amazon warehouse in Staten Island finished its union drive, and the National Labor Relations Board is expected to count the ballots next week.
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red tracking global cues: Adani Ports, Coal India, Mazagon Dock among stocks to watch
- Nifty headed for lifetime high in June, analysts recommend capitalising on dips
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit