An Arkansas man stole a police patrol car moments after he was released from jail
Arkansasman was caught stealing a policecar moments after he was released from the county jail.
- Cordell Coleman, 33, had been released from custody on Thursday after a public intoxication arrest.
- After he was caught driving away in an officer's car, Coleman was charged again with felony theft.
An Arkansas man was caught stealing and driving off in a police
"I entered the jail to process the prisoner," the unidentified cop wrote in a report published on the legal website The Smoking Gun. "After completing the process, I returned to discover my patrol vehicle had been taken."Read more: A Black police union president says it's time for America to overhaul law enforcement and address how racial bias plays a big role in policing practices
Police tracked the vehicle to an apartment complex in North Little Rock, according to the report, where they eventually also found Coleman. He was arrested and brought back to prison.After Coleman was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police cruiser, dashcam footage captured a police officer asking him: "What kind of decision-making you doing tonight, man? Why you doing that?" according to The Smoking Gun. Coleman was charged with felony theft and is being held on a $25,000 bond.
- Class 12 students waiting with bated breath for the final verdict on board exams
- CBSE class 10 results likely to be delayed as marks submission deadline for schools extended till June 30
- Maharashtra to consider staggered reopening depending on the COVID-19 cases in the state
- Indian government drops plasma therapy from guidelines for COVID-19 management