An Arkansas man stole a police patrol car moments after he was released from jail
Arkansasman was caught stealing a policecar moments after he was released from the county jail.
- Cordell Coleman, 33, had been released from custody on Thursday after a public intoxication arrest.
- After he was caught driving away in an officer's car, Coleman was charged again with felony theft.
An Arkansas man was caught stealing and driving off in a police
A surveillance camera outside Pulaski County jail recorded Coleman leaving the building and entering an unlocked 2018 Ford Explorer that had been parked near a sally port.
The car belonged to a police officer who had momentarily stepped out to assist with the booking of another prisoner.
"I entered the jail to process the prisoner," the unidentified cop wrote in a report published on the legal website The Smoking Gun. "After completing the process, I returned to discover my patrol vehicle had been taken."
Police tracked the vehicle to an apartment complex in North Little Rock, according to the report, where they eventually also found Coleman. He was arrested and brought back to prison.
After Coleman was handcuffed and placed in the back of a police cruiser, dashcam footage captured a police officer asking him: "What kind of decision-making you doing tonight, man? Why you doing that?" according to The Smoking Gun.
Coleman was charged with felony theft and is being held on a $25,000 bond.
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Don't ask us to help with World Cup tickets say Virat and Anushka
- Tata Motors to offload 20% stake in the upcoming Tata Technologies IPO
- Chennai's top 10 must-visit tourist attractions
- End Of Irrational Exuberance: Five reasons why markets are tanking In the middle of a bull run
- Riskometer: Your guide to choosing the right mutual fund