Anthony Alvarez and Adam Toledo were killed being chased by Chicago police - 4 years after the DOJ found that the department's foot chases were leading to too many deaths
Adam Toledoand Anthony Alvarezwere shot dead after being chased by the Chicagopolice in March.
- In 2017, the DOJ said too many Chicago police foot pursuits were ending in unnecessary death.
- The Chicago Police Department had been creating a foot-pursuit policy when Toledo and Alvarez died.
View all Offers
Dettol Original Germ Protection Bathing Soap bar, 125 gm, Buy 4 Get 1 Free₹ 220Buy On
Dettol Original Germ Protection Liquid Handwash Refill, 1500ml (Price Off)₹ 208Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml₹ 349Buy On
- 30% OFF
Pampers All round Protection Pants, Large size baby diapers (LG) 64 Count, Anti Rash diapers, Lotion with Aloe Vera₹ 801₹ 1149Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Oil for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control with Redensyl 150ml₹ 399Buy On
A federal judge in 2019 ordered the department to undertake dozens of reforms pegged to the DOJ investigation's findings, and the Chicago Police Department is instituting a new foot-chase policy.More and more police departments across the US have been instituting foot-chase policies in recent years, training officers about the inherent risks such pursuits pose, saying to initiate them only while targeting serious crimes.
Following the deaths of Toledo and Alvarez, Mayor Lori Lightfoot of Chicago bumped up the deadline on the new policy, saying it needed to be in place before summer, as opposed to the original deadline of September, according to the Associated Press.The Chicago Police Department's superintendent, David Brown, said Wednesday that a draft of a new foot-chase policy was already being circulated internally to get officer feedback and that he expected it to be approved in "the next few weeks," according to CBS Chicago. Brown said the next step was for the policy to be sent to the independent monitor overseeing the department's reforms, and then the public would get to give feedback.
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones